McInerney's Ballyea/Teermclane---O'Neill--Newmarket on Fergu

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

Bostonmac

McInerney's Ballyea/Teermclane---O'Neill--Newmarket on Fergu

Post by Bostonmac » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:57 pm

Looking for relatives for McInerney and O'Neill families.

My GGGF, James McInerney married Mary O'Neill in Newmarket on Fergus on 17 Feb 1829. The known children were , my GGF Patrick McInerney born in 1835 in Killone Parish and address listed as Ballyea. His sisters; Mary baptized 9 April 1837, Margaret baptized 13 May 1842 and brother James baptized 4 March 1845, their addresses were listed as Terrmaclane in the old civil parish of Killone. Believe there were more children but have not as yet found them.
Also, for Patrick Baptised Sponsors were John and Mary Faule;Mary's were Michael and Johanna Faule;Margaret's were Michael O'Neill and Margaret Carmody and James's were Nora Faule.

Have traced my GGF Patrick's family forward to today, but would like to locate any information and existing relatives, since we plan a follow up trip to Clare in early May 2012.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Paul McNulty

jhmilltowner

Re: McInerney's Ballyea/Teermclane---O'Neill--Newmarket on F

Post by jhmilltowner » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:54 am

Hi,

I've had a fruitless search for Baptism records for my ancestors so I'm very curious how you found Baptism records in Killone Parish that go back so early. The Clare Library list says the Parish records only go back to 1853.

Would you please let me know how you found the records you listed?

Thanks in advance,

Joe Hennessey

murf

Re: McInerney's Ballyea/Teermclane---O'Neill--Newmarket on F

Post by murf » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:49 am

Paul
If you haven't already I suggest you check out the Teermaclane National School registers at http://www.clarelibrary.ie/eolas/coclar ... gister.htm where a number of McInerney children from Ballyea are listed. Of course these are apparently the next generation to your GGF Patrick, but at least three of them can be connected to the family of Thomas and Anne McInerney in the 1901 census. My interest in these McInerneys stems from attempts to find connections to Morgan McInerney who married Catherine Murphy of Inisdea sometime prior to 1847. The Morgan McInerney in the Teermaclane NS listings may be his grandson.
Also take a look at the McInerney names amongst the graveyard transcriptions for Killone Abbey at http://www.clarelibrary.ie/eolas/coclar ... urname.htm.
This surname recalls a memory of me as a wide-eyed youngster listening to my two elder sisters relating the exploits of "Pat, Mac 'n Ernie", and me thinking "Wow, I would love to meet these fellows. They have such exciting adventures." It wasn't until some years later that I discovered that Pat McInerney was one person, not three! :lol: :lol: :lol: