Anyone else getting this error message ?

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

smcarberry

Anyone else getting this error message ?

Post by smcarberry » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:16 pm

For the past two days I have been trying to post a message with one small attachment. If no one else is getting this message, perhaps the quota is linked to my own membership. Because I have tried two different computers for making the posting, I know an IP address is not involved.

Here's the message which appears after I try submitting the message with the attachment. As a work-aroudnd, I can't include content of the attachment in the body of the message, and the message makes no sense without it.

"Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."

Any thoughts ?

Sharon Carberry

Kurt in S.A.

Re: Anyone else getting this error message ?

Post by Kurt in S.A. » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:23 pm

I don't often post and then rarely with an attachment. I borrowed something from another thread to see if I get the message.

The result is the same as you...I get the quota message. It doesn't appear to be just you.

Kurt

smcarberry

Re: Anyone else getting this error message ?

Post by smcarberry » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:56 am

Thanks, Kurt, that is useful news. I suppose we must just await the time when the board attachment quote is re-set, whether that happens week by week, or by the month. This has echoes of a similar issue when the size of already-posted attachments caused a block on any attachments, which was partially fixed by a member going back to his prior recent postings and changing the size of posted attachments, freeing up necessary space for new attachments. I have no fund of knowledge on that type of thing, so I just need to know when to try again, which I will do, and fortunately the message content is not essential for any ongoing thread.

SMC