James Vandeleur and Margaret Frawley

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

kerrynkeys

James Vandeleur and Margaret Frawley

Post by kerrynkeys » Wed May 30, 2018 8:43 am

Hi everyone,
I have just had a dna match from a man in the USA who is a descendant of the Vandeleur family. He had a lot of wrong information in his family research so I am trying to help him out. He is a descendant of James Vandeleur who married Margaret Frawley on 9 Jan 1860 in NEWMARKET-ON-FERGUS, IRELAND. James and Margaret migrated to the USA shortly after their marriage. They had 4 children and the oldest son was named Thomas so am I correct in thinking Thomas would be James' fathers name? I also have another James connection but from sixmilebridge area and my other James was born around the same time. On the USA census in 1865 for James and Margaret it said their eldest son Thomas was born about 1862 in Kings County (Brooklyn), New York, USA This would mean that they migrated between 1860 and 1862. Other children were James born 1863, Mary 1864, John 1870 and Helen Margaret 1878

My other connection to the Vandeleur family in Sixmilebridge was from Jacobus (James) Vandeleur who married Margaret McNamara they had 2 children Mary 1836 (my relation who left Ireland and migrated to Victoria Aus in 1854 and John 1831. Margaret died and he then married Bridgett King and had several more children then the rest of the family migrated to South Australia

If anyone can help me sort out any of these ancestors I would be grateful
Thank you
Kerryn - Queensland Australia