Olwynne Casey 1914-2009

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

pwaldron

Olwynne Casey 1914-2009

Post by pwaldron » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:32 am

I am sure that I speak for all on this forum in offering my condolences to our second most prolific contributor Paddy Casey on the death of his mother last Friday. May she rest in peace.

smcarberry

Re: Olwynne Casey 1914-2009

Post by smcarberry » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:48 pm

Thank you, Paddy W., for letting us know. Anyone doing Clare family history knows of Paddy Casey, which means we all benefit from the inspiration instilled in him by his mother. As a mother myself I admire the excellent parenting she provided her son, so that he in turn inspires us, in addition to his patience and generosity. A cascade of goodness in that Casey family, now experiencing the sadness of this passing.

Sharon C.

Clare Admin

Post by Clare Admin » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:30 pm

On behalf of Clare County Library I would like to add our condolences to Paddy on the loss of his mother. Paddy Casey has been a true friend to the library, and our thoughts are with him. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam. Clare Admin

Paddy Casey

Post by Paddy Casey » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:17 pm

Dear friends,

These kind words and thoughts from you and others of the Clare community - coming out of the blue, so to speak - quite knocked me out of the saddle. You possibly have no idea how much they are appreciated. I have very fond memories of both my parents and they did a heck of a lot for me so my mother's death last week, although not unexpected, is taking a little getting used to. I was still learning things from her, either directly or by example, more or less up to the time of her death.

There is quite a bit of administrative stuff to deal with at the moment but I'm looking forward to being back with you asap.

Thank you all again.

Paddy