Feakle COI Registers

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

janehallo

Feakle COI Registers

Post by janehallo » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:55 pm

I am uploading the following registers for the Forum.
Feakle (COI) Baptism Register
Feakle (COI) Marriage Register
Feakle (COI) Burial Register
Attachments
FEAKLE BURIAL REGISTER COI.xlsx
(9.7 KiB) Downloaded 547 times
FEAKLE BAPTISM REGISTER COI.xlsx
(10.47 KiB) Downloaded 516 times
FEAKLE COI MARRIAGE REGISTER 1845-1903.xlsx
(11.78 KiB) Downloaded 498 times

gabrielle

Re: Feakle COI Registers

Post by gabrielle » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:54 am

Thank you for this Jane. I was interested in the marriage of Michael Nash and Jane Tate.
Are you researching them?

smcarberry

Re: Feakle COI Registers

Post by smcarberry » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:31 am

The posting and the three spreadsheets/transcriptions don't mention that these are produced by permission of the copyright owner. In view of the recent and strong assertion of that copyright, it would be wise to add wording that permission has been obtained. Volunteers reproducing U.S. newspaper obituaries for genealogy faced a similar challenge back when corporations owning those newspapers asserted their copyright and even started litigation to enforce it. I would hate to see the Clare County Library become embroiled in a legal difficulty because volunteers are posting protected content without the necessary permission.

Also, seeing that an entry for, e.g. "date of birth", spans the space of two columns (labeled a, b, c, etc.) on the spreadsheets, perhaps the transcriber is not aware that the column width can be adjusted to permit the entire entry to fit within one column. I am sure someone at the Library can demonstrate how to do that.