The History of Killimer Parish

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

Sduddy

The History of Killimer Parish

Post by Sduddy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:09 pm

This is the title of a very new book, which, according to a report I read in the Clare Champion of 1st Dec. 2017, was to be launched on the 8th December in Knockerra Hall.

I have no business, really, looking for a history of Killimer, but I was intrigued by a mention of a story of a family who went to America, not long after the Great Famine, in a boat built by themselves (with the help of some neighbours). If the story is true (and if they actually arrived in America), it’s amazing and I would love to read all about it, but on the two occasions that I’ve been in Ennis since then, I couldn't find it in any of three bookshops. I’ve searched online, but haven’t found any site that I can buy it from. Does anybody know how to get a copy?

Sheila

miriam scahill

Re: The History of Killimer Parish

Post by miriam scahill » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:13 pm

Hi Sheila - unfortunately this book has been sold out !! Maybe they will do a re-print - there is a Facebook page - Killimer Local History Group. - - or write c/o Parish Office, Knockerra, Kilrush, Co. Clare. Miriam.

Sduddy

Re: The History of Killimer Parish

Post by Sduddy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:27 am

Thanks Miriam

I’m glad the book has sold so well. And thank you for the address. As you say, there may be a re-print.

Sheila