Clondagad Baptisms - Lookup needed

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

murf

Clondagad Baptisms - Lookup needed

Post by murf » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:04 am

While wading through my transcriptions of the Clondagad/Kilchreest Baptism Register I came across a missing block of entries in 1868 which has all the hallmarks of a double page of the register being missed in the microfilming process. I am reluctant to contact the parish office directly over this because a previous inquiry of this nature caused a great deal of confusion. So I have no wish to cause further angst.
If there is a forum member living in some proximity to Ballycorick who is willing to help me out with this, please send me a PM and I will provide the full details.
Here's hoping
murf

murf

Re: Clondagad Baptisms - Lookup needed

Post by murf » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:09 am

Many thanks to Librarian Dolores Meaney and Karen from the Parish Office in Ballycorick who combined to track down these missing baptism records.
It seems that my hunch was correct, that a double page of the baptism register comprising 32 entries was somehow overlooked in the microfilming process.
Making this win even sweeter was the presence of two Murphy baptisms in the 32.
The entries have now been transcribed and the transcription files updated accordingly. http://www.ourlibrary.ca/phpbb2/viewtop ... f=1&t=6827
It is my intention also to advise NLI of the discovery and provide a photographic image of register pages.
murf