Kilcross Connections

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

Sduddy

Kilcross Connections

Post by Sduddy » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:21 am

This thread is linked to a previous thread "Kilcross Graveyard" http://www.ourlibrary.ca/phpbb2/viewtop ... f=1&t=6774, which was, through my own fault, going off at bit of a tangent.

This thread will bring more information on the Neylon connection, the Considines, Roughans, and others, I hope.

Among the burials in Kilcross graveyard was that of Miss Delia Considine, Fergus Row, Ennis, in 1928. The obit published in the Clare Champion gave only uncles and aunts for Delia, which made me wonder about her siblings. I decided that a notice for Daniel Considine, Fergus Row, Ennis, and England, published in 1950, must be for a brother of hers. It included the words "Australian papers please copy". Now - thanks again to Clare Roots Society for the transcriptions of the notices in the Clare Champion- I see that there is a notice for Molly Mackay, nee Considine, Fergus Row, Ennis & Perth, Australia. 10th May 1949. Obit. She must be a sister of Delia.

Sheila

Sduddy

Re: Kilcross Connections

Post by Sduddy » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:33 pm

Hi Bob McN

In your posting, under the title of Kilcross Graveyard, you explain that you are related to the descendants of Minnie Neylon (daughter of William Neylon, Killerk) who married Michael McNamara. Well, when I was searching for an explanation for that In Memoriam card I found, I noticed this couple living in Lispuckane, Kilmaley. The 1911 census shows a Fr. Daniel McNamara staying with Minnie and Michael. He was a brother of Denis McNamara, in Lissofin, Tulla, who had married Delia (Bridget) Neylon, daughter of John Neylon, Knockroe, Tubber (Kilkeedy), on 16th Feb. 1904. I wondered if the Lissofin McNamaras were related to the Lispuckane McNamaras.

If it happens that Fr. Daniel McNamara is related to you, you will be interested to see that the death and funeral of Rev. Fr. D. McNamara, P.P. Portroe, was reported in the Clare Champion on April 3rd 1937. I looked it up and it says that he was the son of the late Matthew McNamara of Lissofin, and that he was aged 65; also “Deceased was a brother of the Rev. M. McNamara, C.C., Castleconnell, an uncle of Dr. H. Bugler, M.O., Ennis; of Sr. Mary Oliver, Convent of Mercy, Nenagh; and of Rev. Father Bugler, Goulburn, Australia, who recently paid him a visit”.
There were so many priests listed, I omitted them and just trancribed the chief mourners: - Mr. Denis McNamara, Lisofin, Tulla (brother); Sr. M. Oliver, Convent, Nenagh; Miss Lily McNamara, Lisofin; Miss Mary McNamara, Tulla (nieces); Rev. M. Bugler, Australia; Dr. H. Bugler, Ennis, Mr. Dan Bugler, Redwood (nephews); Mr. T. Bugler (brother-in-law); Mr. Tom Byrnes, the Cunneen family, Kilmurry; Joe and Mrs. Doherty; Mrs Kiely, Bodyke (cousins); Miss Hastings, Thomas Neylan and family, Knockroe; Thomas Roche and family, Kells, Corofin; V. Rev. J. Roche, P.P., Kilmaley, etc.
Mass Cards, telegrams and letter of sympathy were received from – Miss Ryan, North Circular Road, Dublin; Rev. M. Ryan, U.C., Mullagh; Convents of Mercy Ennis, Birr and Killaloe; Miss Hastings, Mrs. M. Moynihan, Silvermines Road, and Mrs. Pearse, Bridgetown; Mr. P. Corbett, Killaloe; Roche family, Corofin; Mrs. Jones, Mr. and Mrs. Frawley; Miss Neylon; Miss Brosnahan; Mary Boyle and Bridie Welsop; Dr. and Mrs. Murnane; Charles McGrath, Killaloe; John McGrath; Garry Kennedy; Joe and Mis Doherty; Mrs. Kiely; May and A. Cunneen, Kilmurry; May Crowley; Mrs. C. McGrath; Mrs. T. Ryan, Loughrea; Miss K. Roche, Loughrea.

Sheila

ROJAMC42

Post by ROJAMC42 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:23 pm

SHEILA

SORRY FOR THE DELAY. THE MCNAMARA'S OF LICPUCKANE, KILMALEY R NOT, TO MY KNOWLEDGE, RELATED TO THE LISSOFIN MCNAMARA'S. THERE IS A SON OF MICHAEL & MINNIE WHO STILL LIVES ON THE FAMILY LAND. THE FR MCNAMARA IS NO RELATION TO THIS FAMILY. RE THE 1911 CENSUS, MARY MCN, MICHAEL'S MOTHER, SEEMS TO HAVE HAD SOME OF THE TRAVELING PRIEST STAY ON THE FARM LOCATED ABOUT 15 MILES FROM ENNIS.

HERE IS THE OBIT I RAN ACROSS OF "WILLIAM NEYLAN. U WILL NOTE A JOHN & MRS MCNAMARA FROM WAVERLEY, WHO R NOT RELATED TO THE LISPUCKANE MCNAMARA'S. THERE R A NUMBER OF THE MCNAMARA OFFSPRING LISTED IN THE OBIT, ie, FRAWLEY, LYNCH & NANO MCN.

William Neylan, who was buried there in 1919, was probably one such. He lived in Killerk East, in the parish of Killone, and died aged 75 on 28th Nov. 1919.
The Clare Champion of 6th Dec. 1919 reported on the funeral and here is my transcription of the list of chief mourners:
Bridget Neylan (wife), Michael J. and Rev. T. Neylan, C.C. (sons), Mrs. Ml. MacNamara, Nora and Delia (daughters); Mrs Dr. O’Brien (sister); James and Michael Gerrard MacNamara (grandsons); M. MacNamara (son-in-law); Mrs. M. J. Neylan (daughter-in-law); James and Michael O’Brien (brothers-in-law); Mrs. James O’Brien (sister-in-law); Michael Reynolds, Shepperton, John Clancy, Ballycashin, Michael and Patrick Clancy, Renappa, Dr. W. O’Brien, Dublin, Ml. O’Brien, Lisduff, John O’Brien (nephews); Mrs Lynch, Deerpark, Annie Reynolds, Delia Clancy, M.A.O’Brien, Mrs. Thomas Cleary, Mrs. P. Barry, Mrs Thomas Clancy (nieces); John Neylan, Knockroe, Kilfenora, William Neylan, T. Daly, Ml. Quin, Co. C., W. Kelly, Rosscliffe, P. Casey, and T. Casey, Killerk, John J. and James Casey, Reafa (cousins); M. Quinn, Matron Co. Clare Sanatorium, Nurse A. Quinn, Clare Castle, Mrs. E. O’Grady, Drumcore, Maura O’Keeffe (cousins); Mrs. Liddy, Patrick Liddy, Ballycar Castle, Dan Liddy, John and Mrs. McNamara, Waverley, James and Mrs. Frawley, Nano MacNamara, Ennis, John Neylan, Mohermoylan, Harry and S. Neylan, Noughaville, Joe Neylan, Kilfenora, James Neylan, Rathorpe, Martin Neylan, Tubber, Thomas and Michael Roche, Kells, James Glynn, Carron, Thos. and Mrs. Casey, Ennis.
The long list of clergy includes Rev. T. Roche, C.C. Kilmaley, (cousin).

BOB MCN

Sduddy

Post by Sduddy » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:37 pm

Hi Bob

Thanks for that reply - I did notice that there were no McNamaras from Lispuckane/Fortville among the mourners at the funeral of Fr. Daniel McNamara, but thought that going all the way from Kilmaley to Portroe in Tipperary, for a funeral, might have been considered a bit excessive.

The Killerk Neylons seem to have been connected to some branch of Neylons in Toonagh, and some Toonagh Neylons seem to have been connected to the Neylons in Knockroe in Tubber (Kilkeedy parish) – but, of course, not necessarily the same branch. According to the information on Clare houses and WWI, Daniel Neylon in Toonagh was a nephew of John Neylon in Knockroe House – “He was the son of James Neylon, brother of John Neylon of Knockroe House Boston and sister of Miss Neylon. Matron of the Clare County Infirmary”. http://www.clarelibrary.ie/eolas/coclar ... war_11.pdf

Bridget(Delia), daughter of John Neylon, Knockroe, married Denis McNamara from Lissofin, in 1904, and, as many marriages at the time were between families already well known to each other (a kind of consolidation of assets?), it occurred to me that the marriage between Minnie Neylon and Michael McNamara of Lispuckane/Fortville, in 1905, might be one such – and a confirmation of a connection between the Killerk and Knockroe.

But I was wrong.

I should say, lest I cause more confusion, that the burial place of the Neylons, Knockroe,Tubber/Boston/Kilkeedy, was Kilmacduagh - not Kilcross.

Sheila

caoilte

Post by caoilte » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:13 pm

It would seem that in this discourse Neylons of Knockroe, Kilfenora and their namesakes in Knockroe, Kilkeedy (Tubber) are sometimes getting confused, resulting in misleading conclusions as to certain relationships.

Sduddy

Post by Sduddy » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:55 am

Hi Caoilte

Thanks for making that point. I had noticed that there were Neylons in Knockroe, Kiltoraght, which was why I gave the address for the other Knockroe at every mention, but, yes, I should have been more helpful and made the distinction clear.

All that I know about the Neylons is gleaned from public records online and couple of obituaries published in the Clare Champion. I would be delighted to get any help you can give me. I hope you, or anyone else who is interested, will have the time to read the following, so you will not have to go over any of the ground I’ve already trodden. You will need to refer to the list of attendance at the funeral of William Neylon of Killerk in the posting by ROJAM42, above.

My interest at first was confined to the Baunkyle (Kilinaboy) Neylons, which was sparked by entries in the Rath-Kilnaboy baptism records showing that a couple of the children of James Neylon and Anne Considine were sponsored (I doubt that’s the right word!) by Sylvester Considine. I think Sylvester may figure somewhere in my own ancestry, and I think he was probably a brother of Anne. James and Anne had several children between 1820 and 1840, including one called Sylvester, who, I suspect, was the first of the Neylons to bear the name. In the course of looking at records for those Neylon children from Baunkyle, I noticed that one of Sylvester Neylon’s daughters, Anne, married Thomas Neylon, a son of John Neylon, Knockroe, Kilkeedy(Tubber) on June 9th, 1909.

Then I found an In Memoriam card for William Neylon, Killerk, in a box of stuff, and looked up his obituary in the Clare Champion, thinking that this might give a clue as to why the card had been kept. I found no clue among the list of mourners, but I recognized some names among those attending from the work I had done on the Baunkyles. I saw that Sylvester Neylon’s sons were mentioned (Harry and S. Neylon, Noughaville). And I noticed that two of the sons of John Neylon from Knockroe, Kilkeedy(Tubber), were also mentioned (James Neylon, Rathorpe, Martin, Tubber) – also Thomas Roche, Kells, who had married John’s daughter, Margaret Neylon, on 28th July 1908, and James Glynn, Carron, nephew of his wife, Kate Glynn (Carron parish records show the marriage of John Nealan and Kate Glin on 20th Feb. 1860).

Thomas Roche, Kells, husband of Margaret Neylon from Knockroe, Kilkeedy(Tubber), was a son of Anne Neylon, from Baunkyle, who was a sister of the aforesaid Sylvester Neylon (Anne had married Thomas Roche sen. in 1870 - Rath-Kilnaboy marriage records). I could see that this link between the Baunkyle Neylons and the Knockroe, Kilkeedy(Tubber) Neylons might be the explanation for the attendance of the Neylons from Knockroe, Kilkeedy(Tubber) at the funeral in Kilcross, or, equally, the reason for the attendance of Harry and S. from Nuaghaval, and that both families of Neylons were not necessarily directly related to the Killerk Neylons.

I noticed that there was a Joe Neylan, Kilfenora, in attendance, who must the Joseph Neylan, aged 35, who is a Publican in Kilfenora in the 1911 census, and thought he might be a son of John Neylon, Knockroe, Kilkeedy(Tubber), but not at all sure of that.

I noticed a John Neylon, Mohermoylan, but could find no Neylons there. And I noticed a William Neylon, but no address, and there are too many William Neylons!

Finally, I noticed John Neylon, Knockroe, Kiltoraght, but could find no connection between him and the others. Do you know where he fits in?

Some dates to help with timeline:
No dates for James Neylon, his wife, Anne Considine.
Their son, Sylvester Neylon: 1824 – 1892.
Their daughter, Anne Roche nee Neylon: abt.1840 – 1929.
Anne’s son, Thomas Roche, abt. 1873 – 1958.

John Neylon, Knockroe, Kilkeedy(Tubber): abt. 1838 – 1914.

William Neylan, Killerk, Kilone: abt. 1845 – 1919.

James Glynn, Fahie, Carron: 1875 – 19??

Michael Neylon (1879 – 1939) a grandson of Anne Considine and James Neylon, Baunkyle, married Margaret Considine from Fountain, Drumcliff, in 1905. I think there’s a possibility that she was a great granddaughter of the Sylvester Considine - the “spark” that started me off.

Sheila

Sduddy

Post by Sduddy » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:44 am

Some information found for William Neylan of Killerk East (1845 – 1919):

I was looking in the Killone parish register for baptisms of the children of William Neylan and found this one: 12th Feb. 1878: Susannah of William Neylan and Bridget O’Brien; sponsors: Thomas O’Brien and Susan Neylan. Then found that the marriage of William Neylan and Bridget O'Brien was registered in Ballyvaughan in 1876 (by matching up page numbers on irishgenealogy.ie). No marriage records for Ballyvaughan have survived, so I looked at the Carron parish records (Carron is in the Ballyvaughan registration district) and found this entry for 21st Feb. 1876: William Neylon married Bridget O’Brien, Poulacarron; witnesses: John Neylon and Maria Glynn.

It's looking like William was related to John Neylon, Knockroe, Kilkeedy(Tubber) - rather than the Baunkyle Neylons - but more evidence needed!

Sheila

Sduddy

Post by Sduddy » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:09 am

After that I looked at the O’Briens in Poulacarran, (Castletown DED), in the 1901 census, and found James, aged 55, head of household, and figured he might be a brother of Bridget who had married William Neylan in 1876. His much younger brother, Michael, aged 33, is living with him, and I found Michael’s baptism in the Carron parish register: 28th September 1866: Mich’l of Thos. O’Brien and Mary Neilen, Poulcarron; sponsors: John McNamara and Mary Walsh.
I had a hunch that this Mary Neilan might be one of the Baunkyle Neylans and that she might be the Mary Neylon, daughter of James Neylon and Anne Considine, who was baptised in Kilnaboy on 28th Feb. 1820; sponsors: Silvester Considine and his wife Margaret Hogan (Rath-Kilnaboy parish register).
I checked the Rath-Kilnaboy marriages and found this marriage: 14th Feb. 1843: Thomas O’Brien and Maria Nealan de Bancile; testes: Jacobus O’Brien et Maria Kerin.

So it may be that, while William Neylon (Killerk) is related to the Neylons from Knockroe, Kilkeedy(Tubber), his wife, Bridget O’Brien is related to the Neylons of Baunkyle. In fact, if she is a daughter of Mary Neylon, she is a first cousin of Harry and S. Neylon from Noughaval, and a first cousin of Thomas Roache from Kells.

However there is no record of Bridget’s birth and there seems to be no record of her baptism. I looked closely at the Carron baptisms and found only three for the children of Thomas O’Brien and Mary. The record for Michael is perfectly clear, but the other two (previous) are very faded. I thought one looked like “Anne”, and, sure enough, the sponsors at the baptism of James O’Brien’s first child, on 3rd Apr. 1879, are Michael O’Brien and Anna O’Brien.
James O’Brien married twice, first to Bridget Hillery in 1878 (registered in Ennistimon), and secondly to Catherine O’Brien on 27th July 1891 (registered in Ennis) – at least I think James’ wife, Kate, in the 1901 census, must be this Catherine O’Brien.

The O’Briens, who are mentioned in the obituary, as in-laws, are probably from an entirely different family of O’Briens.

Sheila

Sduddy

Post by Sduddy » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:03 am

Hi Caoilte

I’ve been trying to find out about Daniel Neylon, described in the Great Houses of Clare WWI site as being from Toonagh, Ennis, and a son of James Neylon, who was a brother John Neylon, Knockroe House, Boston (that is Boston in the parish of Kilkeedy – not an official townland, but the name of a general area there) http://www.clarelibrary.ie/eolas/coclar ... war_11.pdf ).
I’m failing to find this James in the 1901 census, even allowing for the fact that “Toonagh”, as an address, was often used very loosely. Maybe he had died.

And I am wondering now if Daniel Neylon should have been described as a nephew of John Neylon, Knockroe, Kiltoraght, rather than a nephew of John Neylon, Knockroe, Boston. Is this the confusion of Knockroes that you were referring to when you wrote: "It would seem that in this discourse Neylons of Knockroe, Kilfenora and their namesakes in Knockroe, Kilkeedy (Tubber) are sometimes getting confused, resulting in misleading conclusions as to certain relationships" ?.

http://www.warofindependence.info/?page_id=147 has a mention of Daniel Neylon – he is described as “General Sir Daniel Neylon who had been knighted after the 1914 – 1918” and he is described as an uncle of John Joe (Tosser) Neylon. John Joe’s father was John Neylon, Knockroe, Kiltoraght. He (the father) had married Mary Anne Roughan on 17th Feb. 1885 – the marriage was registered in Ennis (irishgenealogy.ie). The 1901 census shows Mary Anne’s brother, James, living with the Neylans in Knockroe, Kiltoraght.

John Joe (Tosser) Neylon was active in the War of Independence, and in his witness statement made in 1954, he says, “I was born in 1895 in Emlagh, Kilfenora, Co. Clare, and in my family I was eight in a total of fifteen. I was brought up on a substantial farm of about 70 acres of good arable land, and went to school at Croveigh, the local national school, where I remained until I had completed two years in the 6th standard.
In 1911, when I was 16 years of age, I went to Ennistymon to serve my time at the hardware business with my uncle, Jack Roughan, and worked with him until I was obliged to go on the run in 1919.
My father was, I understand, and active moonlighter. He was a native of Toonagh, near Ennis, and was a silent type of man who never spoke about his younger days in the land trouble…..
At any rate they found the rate money in my possession. I gave them a false name ‘John Joe Roughan’ – Roughan was my mother’s surname – but I was recognized by an R.I.C. man named Sullivan..”. http://www.bureauofmilitaryhistory.ie/r ... WS1042.pdf.

So, I am back to Toonagh again. I'm looking in the censuses to see if there's a Neylon family in the Toonagh area that fits with all this, but having no luck.

Sheila

Sduddy

Post by Sduddy » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:59 pm

:oops: I’m sorry. I realize now that, when I looked at the entry on Daniel Neylon on the Great Houses site, I read this sentence wrongly and thought that James Neylon was a brother of John Neylon. "He was the son of James Neylon, the brother of John Neylon" etc. But of course it’s Daniel who is the brother (not James).

This slowly dawned on me as I was looking at the newspaper report* for Daniel Neylon on
http://www.clarelibrary.ie/eolas/coclar ... _war_8.pdf

I think it was the words "and brother" that did the trick.
So now, at last, I think I have it right: Daniel Neylon, John Neylon(Knockroe, Kiltoraght) and Mary Neylon(Matron of Infirmary) were all the children of James Neylon of Toonagh.

The 1901 census shows Mary Neylan, aged 37, in Mill Road (Ennis No.1 Urban).

Sheila

*Saturday Record, Jan. 1918: Honours for Clare Man.
Among the recipients of New Year’s Honours, we notice with much pleasure in the names of those upon whom the Order of the British Empire was conferred, that of Mr. Daniel Neylon, of the War Office, a young Clare gentleman, who was made C.B.D. He is Chief Accountant in the War Office, and acted with much ability as Financial Adviser to the Salonica Expeditionary Force.
Mr. Neylon is a son of the late Mr. Jas. Neylon, Toonagh, Ennis, and brother of Mr. John Neylon, Knockroe, Kilfenora, and of Miss Neylon, Matron of the Clare County Infirmary.

ROJAMC42

Post by ROJAMC42 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:49 am

HI SHELIA,
RE WILLIAM NEYLAN, I HAPPENED TO RECALL THAT I HAD A COPY OF THE MICHAEL MCNAMARA & MARY "MINNIE" NEYLAN MARRIAGE RECORD. I CAN SEND U A COPY IF U WANT. IT SHOWS HER FATHER & OTHER NEYLAN NAMES. THOUGHT IT MIGHT HELP ????

DO U BY CHANCE HAVE A COPY OF THE KILMALEY MAGAZINE FROM 1995, I THINK, WHICH CONTAINED MARRIAGE RECORDS ?? IF SO COULD I GET A COPY.

HOPE ALL IS WELL
BOB MCN

Sduddy

Post by Sduddy » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:52 am

Hi Bob McN

Thank for that kind offer. I am sending you a private message about it.

The most useful bits of information on a marriage cert (or record) are the addresses, the occupations, the father’s names and their occupations, and the names of the witnesses. You may be willing to give those bits of information here, but, if not, you can reply to my private message.

As I was saying, I was having no luck finding the Neylons in Toonagh in the censuses, but I think I have found them in the Ruan-Dysart parish records:

12th Oct. 1860: Michael of James Neylan and Anne Reidy, Dysart; sponsors: William Neylan and MaryAnne Neylan.
7th Oct 1864: William of James Neylan and blank Reidy; Dysert, sponsors: Daniel and Minnie Cullinan.
16th December 1866: Daniel of James Neylan and Anne Reidy, Dysart: sponsors: John Neyland and Ellen Neylan.
Martin Neylon 29th March 1870: Address: Toona; sponsors: John Neylon and Bridget Neylon.
Familysearch: James Neylan 15th Nov. 1868 (not in Ruan baptisms).

I say “I think” because I found no record for either John (of Knockroe, Kiltoraght), or Mary (Matron of Infirmary) – the very two I would have liked to get.

While I was looking for them I found this entry: 20th Nov. 1861: Mary Anne of Pat Roughan and Mary Glynn, Dysert; James Glynn and Anne Glynn.
I think this Mary Anne Roughan could be the wife of John in Kiltoraght.

Thank you again for your offer of information.

Sheila

Sduddy

Post by Sduddy » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:12 pm

I noticed this entry in the Calendar of Wills: Neylan Anne: Letters of Administration of the personal estate of Anne Neylan late of Toonagh, Fountain Cross, County Clare, Widow, who died 14 September 1881 at Lisdoonvarna in said County were granted at Limerick to John Neylan of Toonagh aforesaid Farmer the son.
http://www.willcalendars.nationalarchiv ... _00323.pdf

I think this Anne Neylan must be the Anne Reidy of the Ruan-Dysart baptisms records, whose husband was James Neylan of Toonagh. Her death does not seem to have been registered - I looked in familysearch.org and irishgenealogy.ie.

Sheila

Sduddy

Post by Sduddy » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:13 am

The 1891 census for England shows a Daniel Neylan (single), born in Ireland in 1868, living in Broomwood Road, Battersea, London, with his brother William (head of household and single) and sister Mary (single); Daniel’s occupation: 2nd Division Clerk Civil Service.
William, born 1865, is also a 2nd Division Clerk. Mary, born 1864, is “Living on her own means” (familysearch.org).

I think there is a good chance that these are the children of James Neylan and Anne Reidy of Toonagh - given that their son William was born in 1864, and Daniel was born in 1866. Of course Mary will have to have returned to Ireland and taken up her position as Matron of the County Infirmary by 1901! - but she certainly fits with the Mary Neylan, aged 37, who is in Mill Road, Ennis, in 1901.

The 1911 census for England shows a Daniel Neylan, aged 44, birthplace: Ennis Co. Clare, living in Wimbledon, Surrey, and shows William Neylan, aged 46, head of household, also living in Wimbledon, Surrey. A Mary Neylon, Wife, aged 45, born in County Limerick, is at the same address. I think either Daniel or William married this Mary sometime between 1891 and 1911, and that their sister Mary was no longer living with them. So maybe she did return to Ireland.

William does not seem to have returned to Ireland. The death of a William Neylan, born 1865, was registered in Kingston, Surrey, in 1924. He was aged 59.

Going back to the obit for William Neylan, Killerk, I can see that a William Neylan is mentioned immediately after John Neylan Knockroe Kilfenora - both described as cousins. It is most unlikely William who was living in Surrey came to the funeral of a cousin. So who is this William? Not everything is bending to my will!

Sheila

The death of a Daniel Neylan, born 1868, was registered in Hove, Sussex, in 1943.