Thanks too to Anthony Edwards, retiring today

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

smcarberry

Thanks too to Anthony Edwards, retiring today

Post by smcarberry » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:35 am

Not only is the Library losing Maureen Comber but also Anthony Edwards today, who is retiring. Anthony is the silent giant behind the Library's emergence as a digital presence in the genealogy community, for he masterminded how to get the IT equipment and software in place for all of the Library's multitudinous web pages. You like all that interactive map action ? Anthony at work. I can only imagine the effort involved in keeping all of that operational every day. I hope there is someone half as good and dedicated to fill in for him.

May Anthony and Maureen have a future that reflects the level of excellence they have perfected, with new endeavors to provide satisfaction and an audience like us who can express appreciation.

All the best to them,
Sharon Carberry

[See also http://www.ourlibrary.ca/phpbb2/viewtop ... f=1&t=6792]

Sduddy

Re: Thanks too to Anthony Edwards, retiring today

Post by Sduddy » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:32 am

I join in those thankyous and good wishes to Maureen Comber and Anthony Edwards. They have done wonderful work - very much appreciated.

Sheila

johnmayer

Re: Thanks too to Anthony Edwards, retiring today

Post by johnmayer » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:53 pm

I was fortunate enough to be able to thank Anthony personally two weeks ago, but sadly was not able to say the same to my cousin Maureen.

The library will have a challenge finding someone to fill both of their shoes. They truly are dedicated to the preservation of the rich ancestry of the region.

We will miss them both.