Help need to trce my family in Kilkee

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

Lyn Russell

Help need to trce my family in Kilkee

Post by Lyn Russell » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:46 pm

Hi
Please can any one advise me as to how I can contact a local genealogist who can help me with my search for my family tree in Kilkee. I have been trying to trace records of my family for the last 3 years or so with little success due to my tree been quite complicated. Any Idea about the cost of getting help with family research in Ireland.
Thanks for any help
Kind regards
Lyn Russell.

mick o

Re: Help need to trce my family in Kilkee

Post by mick o » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:08 pm

hello lyn,
kilkee local radio station may be of help.
google radio corca baiscinn for details on the radio station,
regards mo

kbarlow

Post by kbarlow » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:23 am

Hi Lyn - the Librarian at the Clare Library might be able to suggest someone. A local usually charges about E50 for a few hours of searching. The Heritage Centre has genealogists and will advise their charges.

Kerry

Paddy Casey

Post by Paddy Casey » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:18 am

Lyn Russell wrote:Hi
Please can any one advise me as to how I can contact a local genealogist who can help me with my search for my family tree in Kilkee.
Lyn Russell.
Hi Lyn,

Clare Roots Society might be able to put you in contact with someone who can help. See http://www.clareroots.org/index.php/research-requests

Paddy

miriam scahill

Post by miriam scahill » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:38 pm

Hi Lyn - I recall you posting some time ago - I think your mentioned your Grandad/Dad was born in 1913 - I also remember one of our members knew some of the Russell family and was to get in touch with you. Are you on Facebook ?? if so you could apply to join the group - County Clare Ireland Genealogy. I live in Dublin but am going to Clare tomorrow - and will look up the tele. book - I am sure there are still family members in Kilkee. Did you look at familysearch.org - Kilkee is in Kilrush Registration District.