Considine Family Tree

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

Sduddy

Re: Considine Family Tree

Post by Sduddy » Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:07 am

The marriage of Rebecca Arthur to James Hanrahan took place on 16 Jun 1893. I failed to find a civil record of the marriage, but found the parish record in the Doora-Barefield parish marriage register, as transcribed by Clare Roots Society: (search “Doora-Barefield Marriage Records” – this transcription goes up to 1900; it does not give witnesses, but is very useful for researchers).

The work I’ve done in the last couple of week on the mourners at the funeral of Joe Considine has given me no further information on the Considines, which was what I’d set out to find at the beginning, but the posting by Jimbo on page 45 of the topic “Information is wanted of Thomas McNamara, of Glandree”, which begins with “Fearful Murder in the County Clare” and goes on to give an account of the death of Michael Molony in Rathclooney (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6965&start=660), mentions that a Jerry Considine was sponsor at the baptism of John Molony, eldest son of Michael Molony and Honora Considine, on 3 December 1852. I think this Jerry Considine must be either the father of Honora Considine, or her brother, and therefore either father or brother of Daniel Considine of Kilgobbin. So Jimbo, I am thanking you for that piece of information.

Sheila