Parish register look-up: marriage of Patrick and Kate Cahill

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

JPJC

Parish register look-up: marriage of Patrick and Kate Cahill

Post by JPJC » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:55 am

Dear Forum members,

I was hoping someone might please help me with a look-up of the parish registers of the Catholic Parish of Parteen-Meelick in Co Clare for the period 1911 to 1916.

The reason for the request is that I have not been able to find any record of the marriage of my great-grandparents Patrick Cahill and Kate Lawlor (sometimes spelt 'Lalor'). Kate was from Rineanna, where Shannon Airport now stands. I believe Patrick was from Parteen.

Patrick, Kate and their children lived at the Hill Road in Clonmoney North, near Bunratty Castle. They moved there sometime between 1911 and 1916. I have checked the parish registers for Newmarket-on-Fergus, but they do not have a record of Patrick and Kate's marraige. I have had Birth Deaths and Marriages search the civil register of marriages, but with no result.

So I am stuck until the 1926 census is released, whenever that may be. Then it occurred to me they may have been married in the parish Patrick came from, Parteen-Meelick, and so I thought I would post this request. I'm based in Sydney and so any assistance or advice would be much appreciated.

Kind regards, JPJC.