Help Needed - Clonrush Parish Cemetery

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

John Morkham

Help Needed - Clonrush Parish Cemetery

Post by John Morkham » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:42 am

I live in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia and will be visiting Ireland in September in an attempt to finalise my family research.
Clare Doyle Ireland XO provided me with a web link to the Parish of Clonrush which included the cemetery records and photographs. Two interested me. John A Burke and his wife Fidelia. Those two photographs appear disjointed. Fidelia's appears to have John's grave right beside her RHS but John's has no grave beside his LHS. These grave photographs are entered on the website http://www.clonrush.eu/Index%20to%20names.htm and listed under Burke, Tintrim.

If someone would be kind enough to visit the cemetery and those graves and, hopefully, explain how the disjoint might have occurred, I would be most grateful.

Fidelia is probably John's first wife as there are later children. Perhaps there's a grave for his second wife as well.

Sincerely, John Morkham
haymor@tpg.com.au

mgallery

Re: Help Needed - Clonrush Parish Cemetery

Post by mgallery » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:05 pm

Hi

There seems to be a simple explanation. Fidelias gravestone says her sons John and George are buried east of her beside their grandfather Henry. John A appears to be buried seperately

Margaret