John O'Brien and Catherine Doherty

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

Kevin J. O'Brien

John O'Brien and Catherine Doherty

Post by Kevin J. O'Brien » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:08 am

Looking for some help finding the families of JOHN O'BRIEN and CATHERINE DOHERTY.

John O'Brien b 1838 son of James O'Brien and Bridget Ryan of County Clare married Catherine Doherty b 1846 daughter of Martin Doherty and Mary Frawley of Ennis, County Clare on 16 Oct 1869 in Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia.

Birth Place is listed as Ennis, County Clare for John and Catherine on the marriage record. On John O'Brien's death record the Birth Place is listed as Kilmaley Parish and Catherine Doherty's death record the Birth Place is listed as Ennis, County Clare.

John Mayer has checked the Kilmaley Church records and did not find this O'Brien family. I checked the Kilmurry-Ibrickane and Kilfarboy Parish records because there is another O'Brien family that lived in Toowoomba, Queensland at the same time that was from Dunsallagh East that was related but I also came up empty.

Appreciate and advice or help finding the ancestral home of two more Clare people!

Thanks a Million.

Slan,
Kevin J O'Brien
Attachments
Marriage Record 1869 John O'Brien and Catherine Doherty.jpg
Marriage Record 1869 John O'Brien and Catherine Doherty.jpg (128.55 KiB) Viewed 9296 times
Last edited by Kevin J. O'Brien on Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kevin J. O'Brien

Re: John O'Brien and Catherine Doherty

Post by Kevin J. O'Brien » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:53 pm

Things are great!

I already heard from someone on my email address that found the O'Doherty family for me.

Martin Doherty married Mary Frawley on 12th June 1841 Bealcragga, Kilmaley in County Clare.
They had three children with baptisms:
Mary Doherty 11 Jun 1841 Sponsors: Patrick Reedy and Bridget Markham

Patrick Doherty 5 Mar 1844 Sponsors: Terence Frawley and Margaret McGuire

Kate Doherty 4th April 1847 Sponsors: Tom Markham and Mary Frawley (Married John O'Brien in Toowoomba, Queensland 1869)

Now where are the O'Brien's from?

Slan,
Kevin

Geoff Bates

Re: John O'Brien and Catherine Doherty

Post by Geoff Bates » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:46 am

Hi,

Looking for further advances on the family tree for the Markhams/Frawleys of Kyleatunna and nearby areas.

In relation to Mary Frawley, mother of Kate Doherty. It is mentioned that Kate was born at Bealcragga, Kilmaley. Was her mother Mary Frawley any relation to the Frawley's of Kyleatunna, which is very close in proximity to Bealcragga ? It may not be a coincidence that Kate moved to Drayton in Queensland where the Frawley's of Kyleatunna also moved to. Just a thought I guess..

Does anyone know anything about the ancestry of the above mentioned Mary Frawley, wife of Martin Doherty of Bealcragga ?

Regards
Geoff