Clare Heritage and Genealogy Centre

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

Kurt in S.A.

Clare Heritage and Genealogy Centre

Post by Kurt in S.A. » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:03 pm

I wonder if anyone can give me some insight on their service? In early March 2014, I submitted a request to have some records research done on my family and was told that there was a backlog and it would likely be 16-18 weeks before anything could be done. In the middle of the summer, I enquired and was told that it would take until August or September 2014. When I asked again in November of so, I was told that the backlog was heavy and they would have an answer by the end of 2014. In early February 2015, I emailed again but have not received any response yet.

I guess I'm getting the sense there is a backlog of work to be done. Obviously, this is not that urgent, but I am certainly anxious to see if they can find any specifics that I have not been able to track down...it might give me an avenue for new research. Even if there is no information, that might suggest that I'm on the wrong track with County Clare roots. But I've kind of been waiting to see what they might turn up.

Any suggestions for what I should do? Just sit by the computer and wait??

Thanks...Kurt

Larry Brennan

Re: Clare Heritage and Genealogy Centre

Post by Larry Brennan » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:13 pm

Why not write to the secretary of Clare Roots Society who will circulate your request.

Kurt in S.A.

Re: Clare Heritage and Genealogy Centre

Post by Kurt in S.A. » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:37 pm

Larry -

Thanks for the idea. I will recheck the site that I made the request on and consider additional inquiries. I just wish I could receive the courtesy of an email response to indicate the status.

Kurt