Donnellan. Lisdoonvarna to NZ 1860's

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

SeanVDoyleNZ

Donnellan. Lisdoonvarna to NZ 1860's

Post by SeanVDoyleNZ » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:56 pm

Looking for assistance with my Great Grandfather Patrick Donnellan born C.1839. His parents were Peter Donnellan & Mary Howe. Patrick left Lisdoonvarna for NZ in the 1860's possibly with a brother. I have almost all his post NZ arrival information but would like assistance with any references to him, his parents and possible siblings in Lisdoonvarna and or surrounding areas. Any online records I have accessed do not appear to list any Peter Donnellan's or Mary Howe's for any BDM's. I do not know if Patrick was born in Lisdoonvarna or was only living there before he left for NZ. His death notice states he is a 'Native of Lisdoonvarna'.

Any Comments or Feedback welcome.

Cheers - Sean

Jimbo

Re: Donnellan. Lisdoonvarna to NZ 1860's

Post by Jimbo » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:32 pm

Hi Sean,

You might consider calling Joe Donnellan of Lisdoonvarna who according to this tourist website for The Burren runs a Turf Cutting tour. Would be worth a call to see if he knows anything about Donnellan family history in Lisdoonvarna.

http://www.drumcreehyhouse.com/activities

If you do get through, please ask what the rates for his Turf Cutting will be for the summer of 2015. The Euro is getting so cheap these days, that a trip to Ireland might be in the plans. Cutting turf would be a good break from digging through baptism records.

Good luck.