Catherine McMahon

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

olivia

Catherine McMahon

Post by olivia » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:52 pm

Looking for information about Catherine McMahon born Salthouse Lane Ennis....Father Francis Mother Margaret.Catherin born 1885......listed on the 1901 cencus as a servant aged 16.the address was 1 Mount Catherine Kiltenanlea. Clare.I am assuming she married....???The family lived at 103 Turnpike Rd Ennnis on the 1911 Cencus......it is so difficult because McMahon is such a common [but nice!!] name.
Would be delighted if anyone can help.

Paddy Casey

Re: Catherine McMahon

Post by Paddy Casey » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:38 pm

Olivia,

She's listed in the Ennis parish marriage and baptism register at http://www.ennisparish.com/genealogy/#tab1 (Catherine McMahon, father Francis, mother Margt Fitzpatrick, baptism 30/07/1884).

The register was transcribed by Clare Roots Society in the autumn of 2009.

You might like to search there for her marriage.

Paddy

olivia

Post by olivia » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:35 pm

Paddy thankyou so much for your help.I had that information off the cencus but I can only get marriages on line from the Cathedral Records up to 1900.I cant find her on the 1911 cencus so i am presuming she could be married????Was hoping a decendent of the family might see my letter!!!!I cant thank you enough for taking the trouble to reply.McMahon is such a common name.She Had a brother John,sister Margaret[Married Thomas Pilkington]Sister Mary [went to Dublin and then on to England]bother Christopher niece Mary/May??Keep well.

olivia

Post by olivia » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:55 pm

After a long haul!!!i found her she emigrated to America....Connecticut and her brother Christie and niece May went with her......I found the information on the free site of the Latter Day saints.