Still Stuck looking for Bartholomew Glynn

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

nanub44

Still Stuck looking for Bartholomew Glynn

Post by nanub44 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:17 pm

Please help, I am still trying to trace my Glynn ancestry. I have gotten as far as Bartholomew Glynn in Kilrush, born 1775, died 1855. He is buried in the Church of Ireland graveyard. I haven't been able to find his parents or spouse. Are there any Glynns out there who can help me sort this out. Thanks so much. Denise

miriam scahill

Re: Still Stuck looking for Bartholomew Glynn

Post by miriam scahill » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:28 pm

Hi - it is impossible to get earlier dates before 1800 - - there was/is a lot of info on the Facebook page of Kilrush and District Historical Society - even the signature of Bartholomew Glynn on his will in 1854. One of his sons - Michael - founded the firm of M.Glynn & Sons in 1811 - - the family vault is in Old Shanakyle also called Shankill - on the Clare Library site - Genealogy - Donated Material - Graveyard Inscriptions - - I usually search by date of 'uploading' - the Glynn vault is on the west side of the cemetery. Son Michael died in 1900.

nanub44

Re: Still Stuck looking for Bartholomew Glynn

Post by nanub44 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:02 pm

Thank you for responding. I am trying to find out where Bartholomew came from. I know he is buried in the Church of Ireland graveyard. I would like to know who he was married to. He is listed as early as 1826 owning property. Thanks for your help. Denise

nanub44

Please help, anyone - Still Stuck looking for Bartholomew Gl

Post by nanub44 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:40 pm

Please help, anyone. I am still searching for the origin of Bartholomew Glynn 1775-1855, Kilrush. Haven't been able to find him in any records. There is still family in Kilrush and I would like to contact them for any information they may have. I found a link to the obit of a daughter Jane in a Cork paper but was unable to open it. Any information about her would also be appreciated. Thanks so much....am desperate. Denise

Paddy Casey

Re: Please help, anyone - Still Stuck looking for Bartholome

Post by Paddy Casey » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:01 pm

nanub44 wrote:There is still family in Kilrush and I would like to contact them for any information they may have. Thanks so much....am desperate. Denise
There are 8 Glynns listed under Kilrush in the Eircom phone book at http://www.eircomphonebook.ie. You could call one or more of them to see whether they could give you some leads.

See also http://www.ourlibrary.ca/phpbb2/viewtop ... Eircom#p31

Paddy