Bartholomew Glynn

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

nanub44

Bartholomew Glynn

Post by nanub44 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:13 pm

I am looking for information about Bartholomew Glynn 1775-1855. He is buried in the Church of Ireland graveyard in Kilrush. I found him in the marriage records of Michael Glynn/Jane Lane Joynt in 1859. Also listed in the grave transcriptions are daughters Jane, age 16 d.1847 and Bridget Morrissey age 50. d. 1864. I am trying to trace Bartholomews line and can"t seem to find him. Was he born in England? Who did he marry? What happened to the daughters, where were they born? Are they Michaels siblings? I know a lot of questions but hoping someone can give me a lead as to where to look. Are there Glynn family papers accessible? Again thanks for the help. Denise

miriam scahill

Re: Bartholomew Glynn

Post by miriam scahill » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:28 pm

Hi Denise - just to let you know that another vault for the Glynn family is in Old Shanakyle cemetery - sometimes called 'Shankill' - Kilrush - and info is on Clare Library - Donated material - Graveyard Inscriptions - - I look it up under 'Date of Uploading' - - I also sent you a p.m. on your Facebook page re McMahon family - it is possibly in your 'other folder'. Miriam.

miriam scahill

Post by miriam scahill » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:29 pm

Another bit of info - - I forgot to say that the Glynn vault is on the 'west side' of Old Shanakyle cemetery - also called SHANKIL - just outside Kilrush. Miriam.

nanub44

Post by nanub44 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:10 pm

Thank you Miriam, have sent a message to Edel Glynn of Kilrush re: Glynns. She may be a distant cousin. Again thanks, have been using Clare library site for a lot of informaton, census and Kilrush notes very helpful in defining search. Denise

mgallery

Post by mgallery » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:26 pm

Edel is not a distant cousin of yours. She was Glynn married to Glynn her Glynns are different Glynns. (shes my second cousin hence my knowledge) Her dcd husbands side of the family are the Glynns you want, she may be able to put you in touch with them, I doubt she will know re family trees and distant connections but I could be proven wrong. I would have thought Kilrush historical society a better contact as I know someone there has all the Glynn family papers.
Margaret

nanub44

Post by nanub44 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:04 pm

Thank you Margaret, sorry about the mistake.......could you let me know who to contact within the historical society as to the Glynn papers I would be most appreciative. Denise

Declan Barron

Post by Declan Barron » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:01 pm

It might be possible the Batt Glynn in Kilrush is the same Batt Glynn who had land in Templemaley Parish near Ennis in the Tithes ?

Declan Barron

Post by Declan Barron » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:46 pm

There are 3 Batt Glynns listed in the Tithes
http://www.clarelibrary.ie/eolas/coclar ... Gordon.htm
I suspect all three are the same man.
I have lots on the Knockaderry branch later on.
Declan

Sduddy

Post by Sduddy » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:13 am

Hi Declan

I am interested in the Knockaderry Glynns, especially Bartholomew Glynn (1837 – about 1880), whose father was Denis Glynn. Bartholomew lived at Greenhill, in the townland of Cahercalla, in the 1860s and 1870s. There's headstone in Corrovorrin graveyard for Dennis Glynn P.L.G., who died in 1882. I think this is Bartholomew’s father, but Bartholomew’s name is not inscribed on the headstone – he may be buried in another graveyard. I am wondering if you know where he is buried?

Sheila

mgallery

Post by mgallery » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:22 pm

Shiela
I am related to the Knockaderry Glynns (someone else mentioned one who lives in Kilrush on this forum). they say that they are not related to the Kilrush Glynns but i f they had a Bartholemew then they might be. I will pm you and put you in touch with some of the other cousins who said they would like to do trees for their Glynn side. Declan Barron knows them

Margaret

nanub44

Post by nanub44 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:14 pm

The Kilrush Bartholomew Glynn 1775-1855 is buried in the Church of Ireland graveyard. He is listed as the father in the marriage notice of Michael Glynn and Jane Lane Joynt. 1859. I believe he may be Harry Glynns gg grandfather.