Obituary Help:Patrick Edward & Henry Patrick Reilly

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

s1nead

Obituary Help:Patrick Edward & Henry Patrick Reilly

Post by s1nead » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:52 pm

I have been unsuccessful in locating the obituaries of my great great & great grandfathers and it has been suggested to me to post my search here in the hope that someone might "stumble" across them while on their own pursuits.

Born in 1799, Patrick Edward Reilly was Justice of the Peace of Ennistymon in 1870 and died of a stroke at his home which was called Woodpark or Woodmount House on 14 May 1872.

In 1868, he was listed as a Magistrate in Thom's Irish Almanac @ Index To Deputy-Lieutenants And Magistrates In Ireland.

Born at Moher Lodge, Kineilty in 1838, his son, Henry Patrick Reilly, was a Solicitor with offices in Dublin & Ennistymon.

In SLATER'S COMMERCIAL DIRECTORY OF IRELAND of 1881, he is listed under GENTRY and living at a house called River View in Ennistymon.

In 1891, he was listed in Ashe's Limerick and Clare Directory 1891-92 at a residence called Deerpark (Ennistymon).

In 1893, he was listed as a GENTRY Solicitor per Guy's Directory of Munster 1893 with offices in Dublin & Ennistymon and a residence called Deerpark.

Henry Patrick Reilly died of tuberculosis at the Ennis Lunatic Asylum on 13 September 1894.

Both men had been land agents for the MacNamara family of Ennistymon House and both were active Freemasons of Lodge #60 at Ennis.

Despite these numerous mentions in various Directories, I have not been able to locate obituaries (or gravesites) for either...... Which is very frustrating ......

If, in your own searches, you happen to come across anything, please let me know......

Thanks for reading my post!

Susan in San Diego

mgallery

Re: Obituary Help:Patrick Edward & Henry Patrick Reilly

Post by mgallery » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:30 pm

If you have a Reilly vault you know other members of the family went into they are most likely buried there. Not everyones names always got added to a gravestone. This is not always about money its about someone organising the inscription. I know my gt gt uncle is buried in the Kenny vault in Kilmurry Ibricken with his father and mother. They are Gallery. There are no Gallery names on the tomb

s1nead

Re: Obituary Help:Patrick Edward & Henry Patrick Reilly

Post by s1nead » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:38 am

A cousin of mine visited the crypt over the weekend and sent me pictures .....

It looks rather big but it is difficult to tell if there is only one person inside ..... there is a large wall Holy Water Font....

Thanks for reading this post....
Attachments
Ballyea Crypt #B.JPG
The front ...
Ballyea Crypt #B.JPG (277.98 KiB) Viewed 7045 times
Very old graves!.JPG
View from the top of the crypt ...
Very old graves!.JPG (140.59 KiB) Viewed 7045 times
photo.JPG
Another look at the Holy Water Font ....
I can't identify the saint ... can you?
photo.JPG (106.91 KiB) Viewed 7045 times
Holy Water font inside peep hole!.JPG
Holy Water font inside peep hole!.JPG (152.35 KiB) Viewed 7045 times