Michael Foudy & Bridget Tuttle parents of Catherine Foudy

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

Kevin J. O'Brien

Michael Foudy & Bridget Tuttle parents of Catherine Foudy

Post by Kevin J. O'Brien » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:46 am

Looking for the Townland and Parish for Catherine Foudy. Catherine Foudy of County Clare daughter of Michael Foudy and Bridget Tuttle married James O'Brien son of John O'Brien and Catherine Mulqueen of Kilfarboy, Miltown Malbay, County Clare at immaculate Conception RCC, Buffalo, Erie, New York on 19 Jan 1858.
Slan,
Kevin J. O'Brien
Buffalo, NY
Attachments
Marriage record 1858 Jan 19 James O'Brien and Catherine Foudy.jpg
Marriage record 1858 Jan 19 James O'Brien and Catherine Foudy.jpg (746.24 KiB) Viewed 7075 times

miriam scahill

Re: Michael Foudy & Bridget Tuttle parents of Catherine Foud

Post by miriam scahill » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:11 pm

Hi Kevin - - I did a bit of research on Clare Library - Griffith Vals. of 1855 shows Michael Foudy at Knockogonnel in Inagh - and the Census of 1901 has Thomas Foudy at Knockogonnell in DED of Cloonanaha - which is in parish of Inagh - - which is just west of Ennis - and also joins the parish of Kilfarboy which is Milltown-Malbay. - - and - there was a Tuttle family in the Kilrush area in 1901 - and before - Paddy Waldron posted details on Facebook Kilrush & District Hist. Soc. some time ago - re wedding of a Tuttle from 'Spring 'Lodge' in Kilrush. - in mid 1850's - I think !! Hope this helps. Miriam

Kevin J. O'Brien

Re: Michael Foudy & Bridget Tuttle parents of Catherine Foud

Post by Kevin J. O'Brien » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:50 pm

Thank you Miriam. I was looking at Inagh. There are some Foudy family in Miltown that came from Inagh.

Slan,
Kevin