Michael Cusack and Bridget Morgan

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

bobcusack

Michael Cusack and Bridget Morgan

Post by bobcusack » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:33 am

Found - Michael Cusack and Bridget Morgan.

Further to my previous posts searching for this couple, my great great grandparents, I discovered their marriage entry for February 1846 in the Parish Registers of Kilkee. They were residing at Rynogonaut on the west coast at the time. I also located in the registers there, the baptism of my great grandfather John in 1847 when they lived at Clohans. Even after viewing EVERY Parish Register film for County Clare I had not found these records as those for Kilkee prior to 1869 are not held by the National Library of Ireland.

I recommend that anyone researching County Clare should contact the Local Studies Centre at the Clare Library as well as make contact with the Clare Roots Society for the many research hints they have given me. For this I thank them.

Although the search has been completed, it has raised further research challenges with Michael and family recorded in the 1847 -1849 evictions on the Clare Library site as being evicted.

Thank you, Bob Cusack

Paddy Casey

Re: Michael Cusack and Bridget Morgan

Post by Paddy Casey » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:35 am

bobcusack wrote: I recommend that anyone researching County Clare should contact the Local Studies Centre at the Clare Library as well as make contact with the Clare Roots Society for the many research hints they have given me. For this I thank them.
Good to hear of your success, Bob.

I'd just add that anyone who is starting to research County Clare families should start by trawling the Clare Library website at www.clarelibrary.ie for all it's worth. It's the low-hanging fruit. Then go on to the other sources.

Paddy

lroselle

Post by lroselle » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:21 am

Hi Bob,
I am hoping you will see this as it has been some time since you posted your message.

I am wondering if we might be related. I am related to Morgans from the same area as your Bridget Morgan. My gg grandmother Mary Morgan came from the area to Albany NY. And her brother (or perhaps cousin) Michael Morgan did as well.

Do you have more information on the Morgans? Have you done DNA?

Thanks for responding.
Best,
Laura Roselle
Gibsonville, NC
USA

bobcusack

Post by bobcusack » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:27 pm

Hi Laura,
Further to my earlier contact with you, just wondering whether you found anything further on your Morgan family from Rynogonaut.
Also, yes, I have just done my DNA with Ancestry and posted the results on Gedmatch as well. I look forward with great anticipation to being inundated with notifications from Cusack, Morgan or Cahill relatives. :lol:
Kind Regards,
Bob Cusack

An update on success with DNA. Just advising that after doing DNA and submitting it to Gedmatch and the Clare Roots group on Familytreedna, I have managed to make contact with a distant Cahill family member from Clohanes. The located cousins ancestor, John Cahill, is a probable brother to my Ellen Cahill. Now just continuing the search to see if we can confirm the match with records!!!