Quin Interments

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

Michael Hallinan

Quin Interments

Post by Michael Hallinan » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:07 am

Ive narrowed down my search for Denis Hallinan to two locations.
The Townlands of Raunabpoll and Ballyhenon in the Parish of Quin as listed in the 1825 Tithe Applotment Books.
So now i want to search Cemetary Records in these locations,can anyone assist me with information about where i could find where people from these Townships might have been interred or alternatively where i could apply for Birth/Death certificates for him.
Thanks again
Michael

mgallery

Re: Quin Interments

Post by mgallery » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:55 am

Quinn abbey

http://www.igp-web.com/igparchives/ire/ ... s/quin.txt

I am pretty sure this is not complete as my grandmothers Quinn side have a vault there which does not seem to be mentioned.

Another issue is that gravestones are not always complete. My family have a story about how they got the vault and why it is where it is but the stone slab over it only lists relatively recent burials from Knock house and edenvale and was erected in the 1900s. The family say that previous generations were buried there and that other family members are also there. I would believe that. Whether they never had an inscription (which is what I think) or the stone was replaced is hard to tell

unfortunately people did not get inscriptions a lot of the time. the late 1800s early 1900s was a very poor time .

Margaret

Michael Hallinan

Re: Quin Interments

Post by Michael Hallinan » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:12 am

Thanks Margaret,
This aint easy, hey :)
Michael