James/Bridget Lardner - Cloonlaheen West, Kilmurry Ibrickane

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

curlyj76

James/Bridget Lardner - Cloonlaheen West, Kilmurry Ibrickane

Post by curlyj76 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:46 pm

Hello Everyone! I hope you are all having a wonderful day. :)

I was wondering if anyone on the board might be familiar with the family of James Lardner (b. ~1803-d. 13 Jul 1883) and Bridget O'Sullivan or have suggestions for finding additional information on them (they are my 3x great-grandparents)?

Below is a summary of what I know so far...

According to a genealogical report that a cousin had commissioned (I believe it was from the Clare Heritage and Genealogical Research Centre), baptism records show the couple had at least eight children together:

James Lardner (1839 – 1909)
- This is my 2x great-grandfather. James came to the US in about 1863 where he married my 2x great-grandmother, Mary Ann Cashman, in Iowa before settling in Nebraska.
John Lardner (1841 – ?)
William Lardner (1843 – ?)
Anne Lardner (1844 – ?)
Micheal Lardner (1846 – ?)
Patrick Lardner (1848 – ?)
Ellen Lardner (1850 – 1924)
- Ellen also came to the US, but she came over a little later than her brother (in approx. 1867). She married a Michael (Mike) Hickey and settled in Iowa with her husband and children.

Some time after/during 1850, Bridget passed away and James married Catherine (Kate) O'Halloran nee Breen. Descendents of Catherine and her first husband, Thomas O'Halloran, still retain ownership of the land the family is listed on in Griffith's 1855 survey.

Is anyone by chance familiar with the records that are available for the Kilmurry Ibrickane area? I'm planning a trip to Ireland either later this year or early next, so I should be able to visit collections that are within the country at that time. Any and all suggestions and information would be more then welcome.

Thank you for your time.

All the Best,
Jessica Roode

P.S. If anyone would like assistance with individuals who have ties to the US, I would be happy to help!

Kevin J. O'Brien

Re: James/Bridget Lardner - Cloonlaheen West, Kilmurry Ibric

Post by Kevin J. O'Brien » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:51 am

Jessica,

My family is from the Kilmurry-Ibrickane Parish and I would be glad to assist you any questions you have about the parish. I am from Buffalo, NY and have visited Cloonlaheen many times.

I also had family that went to Cascade, Iowa in the 1850's

Please contact me at killernanfarm@gmail.com

Slan,
Kevin J. O'Brien
Buffalo, NY