Hennessy & Canny, Miltown, Co. Clare

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

jhmilltowner

Hennessy & Canny, Miltown, Co. Clare

Post by jhmilltowner » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:57 pm

I'm searching for the parents of my great-grandfather, John Hennessy.
He was born about 1835 in Miltown, Co.Clare. His parents were John Hennessy & Bridget Canny.

Possible brother of my great-grandfather was Andrew Hennessy but I can't confirm his mother's maiden name. Andrew married Honorah "Ann" Honan from Drummin in 1863 in Birmingham, England. They settled in Miltown Malbay in 1864 and raised 11 children there. Ann's parents were Michael & Honor Dwyer.

Please let me know if you have any information relating to these people.
Last edited by jhmilltowner on Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paddy Casey

Miltown Hennesseys

Post by Paddy Casey » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:36 pm

Did you notice all the Miltown Hennesseys on the Clare Library site at http://www.clarelibrary.ie ?
If not, just go there and start their search facility and type in Hennessy AND Miltown*. Lots of them there around 1855.

* Also, try variants of the name Hennessey.

jhmilltowner

Post by jhmilltowner » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:31 pm

Thanks for the tip but I already have all the Hennessy's from the Clare Library website. There is a John Hennessy in Miltown in Griffith's who might be my great-grandfather's father but so far I have no way to connect them.

I am hoping to make a connection through the Andrew Hennessy mentioned in my original post who may have been my great-grandfather's brother. I know Andrew's father's name was also John Hennessy so I'm trying to find out his mother's maiden name to see if he is a brother of my great-grandfather. Andrew and his wife lived in Miltown from 1864 on and raised 11 children. I'm hoping they left a "trail" behind them in Miltown.