Look up of Clare Champion 3 Oct 1974

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

JPC

Look up of Clare Champion 3 Oct 1974

Post by JPC » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:14 am

Hi,

I was wondering if any members of the Forum could please look up and copy an article from the 3 Oct 1974 edition of the Clare Champion for me. The article includes a photo of people watching Bishop Harty blessing the RHO House at Kilkishen. The people watching include my late grandmother, Mary Cahill. I would not trouble anyone with this request, except that I live in Sydney and have not been successful in obtaining a copy via the newspaper's office.

The photograph would make a useful additon to the Library's collection as it shows a number of other local residents. They and/or their descendents may be intested in seeing it and be able to identify those featured.

All I can offer in return for any assistance is that I work near the Mitchell Library and can investigate any New South Wales-related queries there (especially those relating to convicts).

Thanks and regards, Justin Cahill.

sadhbh

Re: Look up of Clare Champion 3 Oct 1974

Post by sadhbh » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:33 pm

Hi Justin,
I'm attaching two photos of the Kilkishen RHO blessing from the Champion. The quality is not great as the pages are yellowing and the photos quite grainy.
Regards,
Sadhbh
Attachments
kilkishen blessing Oct 1974 2.jpg
kilkishen blessing Oct 1974 2.jpg (588.16 KiB) Viewed 5960 times
kilkishen blessing Oct 1974.jpg
kilkishen blessing Oct 1974.jpg (948.57 KiB) Viewed 5960 times

JPC

Re: Look up of Clare Champion 3 Oct 1974

Post by JPC » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:57 am

Hi Sadhbh,

That's amazing - many thanks for that. It looks like there was quite a turn-out and so many other people will find themselves or relatives in this photograph.

All the best for Christmas and the New Year. Kind regards, Justin.