Bridgetown Graveyard

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

Skyrish2us

Bridgetown Graveyard

Post by Skyrish2us » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:20 am

Is there a list on line anywhere of the names of those buried in the graveyard at Bridgetown, Clare in the 19th century? I am looking for headstone inscriptions of graves and photos of the headstones if possible. Can anyone assist please?

Kurt in S.A.

Re: Bridgetown Graveyard

Post by Kurt in S.A. » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:08 pm

This is where I got to find cemetery information. Unfortunately, not much listed.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cg ... id=2410455

Kurt

Skyrish2us

Post by Skyrish2us » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:08 pm

Thank you Kurt. I had actually been to that site in my search already.

Thank you anyway, perhaps something will turn up in the future.

Kurt in S.A.

Post by Kurt in S.A. » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:44 pm

findagrave has been very helpful to me here in the US. I've considered joining the organization and inputting things when I'm researching for myself. Case in point...I was in northern Minnesota and trying to find someone in a smallish cemetery. With my cellphone, I got an internet connection and went to the website. Amazingly, the cemetery was listed, but way too few entries. It wouldn't have taken much more to get the info and complete the listings.

It would be pretty cool if this could be done by someone living locally in Clare. I'm still looking for my Brown relative who died in Cappanageeragh in 1850. I've not found anything in my online research.

Kurt

Skyrish2us

Post by Skyrish2us » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:07 pm

In Australia we have a website where a dedicated bunch of people who are very helpful will go to a graveyard upon request and do a look-up and photograph headstones for you. I was hoping there would be someone who reads this forum who might just live near that graveyard at Bridgetown who might be willing to do the same. The speed at which things are getting added to the Internet is amazing so perhaps I will not have to wait much longer. Thanks for your input, Kurt, much appreciated.

darrenoconaill

Post by darrenoconaill » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:34 pm

Hi Skyrish2us,

I live in Killaloe which is quite near Bridgetown. I'd be willing to go to the graveyard and check it out for you if you tell me what/who you're looking for.

Darren

Skyrish2us

Post by Skyrish2us » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:04 am

Thanks Darren,
There are quite a few names I am looking for and it is a fairly substantial task. I have had another offer from a member and emailed her all the infomation. If she is unable to undertake the task I will get back to you with the information I need and you can tell me if it is too much work.

It is most kind ofyou to volunteer your time and I really do appreciate it.

darrenoconaill

Post by darrenoconaill » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:40 pm

No problem. Let me know if you need any help.