Persons born in Clare before 1860 & living elsewhere by 1911

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

kvnptrck11

Persons born in Clare before 1860 & living elsewhere by 1911

Post by kvnptrck11 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:54 am

Hello everyone,
Just looking for some general input, etc. on this topic, as it relates to my ancestors. I made a list of everyone born in Clare reported to be over 50 years of age that showed up in the 1911 Census living outside of Co. Clare, and arranged this list county (alphabetically) and arranged each county by age (starting at 50, with the increasing ages below). Now the neighboring counties, as well Dublin and the other more populous areas, and as one would expect, these had the largest numbers of people born in Co. Clare.

My question essentially involves the uneven distribution of people beyond these expected regions. For example, my great great grandfather was born in Co. Clare, yet was the only Halpin listed in the 1911 Census living in Co. Antrim, and the the only Halpin listed in the 1901 Census living in Co. Down. Any speculations about this topic general?

Clare Admin

Re: Persons born in Clare before 1860 & living elsewhere by

Post by Clare Admin » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:36 pm

Kevin has kindly donated his list of census records and it is now available online in PDF format at http://www.clarelibrary.ie/eolas/coclar ... e_1911.htm