CARRIGAHOLT BAPTISM & MARRIAGE CATHOLIC REGISTERS 1852-1878

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

M M Ginnane

CARRIGAHOLT BAPTISM & MARRIAGE CATHOLIC REGISTERS 1852-1878

Post by M M Ginnane » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:59 am

If anyone is interested in the CARRIGAHOLT BAPTISM & MARRIAGE CATHOLIC REGISTERS of 1852-1878, please contact me by email to MURRAY@GINNANE.CO.NZ for the complete draft transcriptions.

The areas covered include from Kilbaha in the southwest tip of County Clare up north to MOVEEN, & near, but not including Kilkee town or Kilfearagh Civil Parish. Then east to Doonaha, Querrin to the Cammoge Ferry over the Poulnasherry Inlet { but not Kilrush town or Moyasta }. And south to include Moyarta townlands, Carrigaholt village, Cross / Kilballyowen to Kilcredaun/Kilcredane & Rehy.

In that extended Catholic Parish from January 1852 for Marriages, & from January 1853 for Baptisms, through to St Patrick's Day, March 17th 1878 --- there were also several smaller churches at Moneen, The Little Ark of Kilbaha, Doonaha, Cross, etc. --- and all those thousands of surviving Catholic records are entered in these Carrigaholt Registers.
At the moment they are in a narrative, WORD2011.docx format, in date order, separated by individual entries. About 2,100 pages & 4MBytes total, including my extensive, temporary research "Additional Notes".
I have standardised spellings & misspellings to make them "WordSearch"-friendly; but also retained the originals. So that, for instance all Cate/Kate etc. are 'Catherine'.

I will put them up in EXCEL - spread-sheet format on www.ClareLibrary.ie /Donated Materials in maybe a year or three -- but first I want to cross-index & cross-reference & analyse them.
But in the meantime, a few people may find these DRAFTS useful ?

I also have hundreds of photos of the Register Pages for many of the original entries.
And some extra notes of personal interest for the families of MURRAY & GINNANE from RAHONA East.

I am also VERY keen to receive extended family information from anyone with ancestor interest in this district -- and with permission, I will include everything in the final versions.

fonziepage

Re: CARRIGAHOLT BAPTISM & MARRIAGE CATHOLIC REGISTERS 1852-1

Post by fonziepage » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:23 am

Hi Murray, you very kindly sent me this research several years ago, I have had much pleasure since going through finding many items of interest regarding the McGuire,Troy and Fennell families of Doonaha.
I am so pleased you have decided bring it the very best site available for Clare researchers although I don't envy you the task.
Many thanks again.
Regards Fonzie

Murray Ginnane

Post by Murray Ginnane » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:30 am

Just to update the progress with these Registers : I am continuing to analyse & re-work through them to check for & add any extra gleanings of info. All contributions welcome. I have the baptism years 1872-1878 still to go.
After that, www.ClareLibrary.ie needs them re-written in a standardised format, perhaps EXCEL ?
So, perhaps finished by 2016 ? MMG MURRAY@GINNANE.CO.NZ

eileennewby

Post by eileennewby » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:25 pm

Is it possible for me to access these records , how do I go about it? With thanks Eileen

sadhbh

Post by sadhbh » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:01 pm

Hi Eileen,
there's an earlier version of the Carrigaholt Registers from Murray on the library's website here:
http://www.clarelibrary.ie/eolas/coclar ... olt_rc.htm

Sadhbh