McNamara's of the Kilrush Parish

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

KilrushMcNamaras

McNamara's of the Kilrush Parish

Post by KilrushMcNamaras » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:48 am

Hello, I am the great great granddaughter of John and Anastasia McNamara (Cullinan). They were from Kilrush and married in 1864. John McNamara -father was Patrick and Anastasia who also can be found under they name Anne - father was Martin.

Here is a list of the children John and Anastasia had together as per St. Senan´s in Kilrush:

Mary (Maria) 1864
Michael 1866
Margaret 1868
Thomas 1869
Catherine 1871
Patrick 1873
Bridget 1877
unknown Male 1879

I am so impressed by all of you. You have so much information. I unfortunately do not have more than names and birth dates of this family. Perhaps posting my thread in this forum will bring me some more answers... :?:

miriam scahill

Re: McNamara's of the Kilrush Parish

Post by miriam scahill » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:45 pm

Hi - sorry for delay - I meant to reply last month - however - better late than never !! Lots of McNamara families in Kilrush area - but I would suggest that you get a copy of birth cert. for one of the children - this should show an address - and then it might be possible to identify the family. Get info on www.familysearch.org - and then download a form from www.groireland.ie - this is the General Register Office in Ireland. If you are on Facegook - you could put a message on 'Kilrush Local History Group' - and maybe the Baptism Register will give an address. Miriam.

miriam scahill

Re: McNamara's of the Kilrush Parish

Post by miriam scahill » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:06 pm

Hello again - I had a look at Griffith Valuations for 1855 - and I see 'Martin Cullinan and Patrick McNamara' at MOANMORE Lr. - which is about 2 miles from Kilrush. You will find lots of info on www.clarelibrary.ie = Genealogy & Family History - then RESEARCH SUPPORT - and select 'CIVIL PARISH' Index - click on Kilrush - then 'TOWNLANDS' in Parish - see MOANMORE Lr. - this area is usually called 'MONMORE' - - Miriam.