Looking for Halloran/Finucane family from Cratloe

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

Lara

Looking for Halloran/Finucane family from Cratloe

Post by Lara » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:17 pm

I am hoping that some kind soul will help me find out more information regarding the Halloran/O’Halloran and Finucane families that emigrated to New South Wales, Australia from County Clare:

This is what I have regarding the Halloran/O’Halloran Family from Cratloe:

Stephen Halloran was born 24 Dec 1804 near St John's Well, Cratloe. Co Clare and died 21 Apr 1881 at Bombowlee, NSW. He married Hannorah Finucane 24 Juy 1833 at Meelich Co. Clare. She was the daughter of John Finucane a labourer of Meelich Co. Clare and his wife Catherine Larkins. Hannorah was born about 1814 at Meelich Co. Clare and died 7 Aug 1898 at Bombowlee. The family emigrated to Australia aboard the Aliqus in 1839 along with the Finucane family.

Stephen's parents were Thomas Halloran, labourer of Cratloe Co.Clare and Nancy Cummins – it is believed they remained in Ireland or had died prior to 1839.

I found four entries in the Tithe Applotment Books for Killeely dated 24 Oct 1833 that may be Thomas.
1) Thomas Halloran at Punchbowl in the Parish of Killeely
2) Thomas Hallorran at Cratloe Consedine in the Parish of Killeely.
3) Thomas Halloran at Prior’s Land, Thormon Gate Rd in the Parish of Killeely
4) Thomas Halloran at Ballybroughen in the Parish of Kifintinan

There is also a John Finucan at Derry More Wood Division in the Parish of Killeely. This is the only John Finucane that I can find in the Parish.

Are there any more records or information that can assist in finding out more about this family?

Any information or suggestions gratefully received.

Kind regards
Lara in Australia

merrywoods

Re: Looking for Halloran/Finucane family from Cratloe

Post by merrywoods » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:18 pm

Hi Lara,
I was wondering if you managed to get any more information on the Hallorans - Thomas Halloran was my ggggrandfather (through Stephen, Annie, Mary Winnifred, Alexander) so I presume we're related, albeit distantly. I also got stuck with Thomas (I'm trying to research from Australia too) - would love to hear from you - merrywoods@hotmail.com :P