Hennessy from Ennistymon, Carmody from Inagh

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

Maree White

Hennessy from Ennistymon, Carmody from Inagh

Post by Maree White » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:15 pm

Hello all,

Thought I would post my family history interests in Clare.
John Hennessy m Catherine Quinn c 1842 in Ennistymon parish. The had 8 children, Bridget, Denis, Mary, Margaret, James, Joseph, Michael and Francis.
over the period 1844 to 1861. Bridget, Denis and Francis all emigrated to Australia. James and Mary are living in Deerpark Upper in the 1901 census.
(thank you Clare library for you databases online : )

Eliza Carmody found her way the the Victorian Goldfields by 1857 when she married. Her parents are listed as being John Carmody and Honoria Crowe. I believe Eliza was from Inagh Parish (listed on the birth cert of one of her children born in Victoria, Australia).

I would dearly love to hear from anyone with an interest in these surnames.

I am travelling to Clare in just 13 days time and hope to visit both the Clare Library and the Ennistymon Library.

All the best,

Maree
Researching the Hennessy family from Ennistymon

jhmilltowner

Re: Hennessy from Ennistymon, Carmody from Inagh

Post by jhmilltowner » Wed May 18, 2011 2:32 am

Hi Maree,

I just discovered your posting re Hennessy family from Ennistymon.

I am researching Andrew Hennessy who was born in Ennistymon about 1839. His father’s name was John and his mother’s name was Bridget.

I would like to know if you have come across him in your research.

Andrew married Ann Honan in Birmingham, England in 1863 and they returned to Ann’s birthplace, Miltown-Malbay, where they settled and raised 11 children.

Please let me know if any Andrew Hennessy has shown up in your Ennistymon research.

Thanks,
Joe Hennessey