Jeremiah FAHEY Catherine Leyne

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

NatasiaBellAustralia

Jeremiah FAHEY Catherine Leyne

Post by NatasiaBellAustralia » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:55 am

Hi, I'm trying to do a family tree for my children. I am in AUSTRALIA and so far I've found some family roots in CLARE.
Jeremiah FAHEY and Catherine Leyne had a Daughter named Margaret Ann.

If anyone can assist me in anyway in regards to my ancestry, please email me at natasiawolf@gmail.com

Thank-you

smcarberry

Re: Jeremiah FAHEY Catherine Leyne

Post by smcarberry » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:50 pm

Hello, Natasia,

Your posting is crystal clear and very appealing in terms of eliciting help. For someone to be able to offer advice and perhaps consult databases on your behalf, it is essential to attach some dates (or at least years) to your family members and their past major events in Australia. Irish emigrants have been arriving there since the early 1800s so your people could be anywhere along in that time line until the present day. It is also very good to indicate which resources you have already consulted, so people don't duplicate that effort. Any other detail you already have may lead to quicker and better results. What in particular supports your belief that Jeremiah and his wife were from Clare ?

Good luck with that,
Sharon Carberry

Clare Past Mod

Re: Jeremiah FAHEY Catherine Leyne

Post by Clare Past Mod » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 pm

NatasiaBellAustralia wrote:If anyone can assist me in anyway in regards to my ancestry, please email me at natasiawolf@gmail.com
Thank-you
Natasia,

Welcome to the forum.

It would be preferable if forum members who can contribute information on your family do so by posting on the forum rather than emailing to you. That way everybody benefits from the added information and, because the forum is being indexed by search facilities such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing, people previously unknown to you might become aware of your interest and add information here.

An exception would apply to particularly sensitive genealogical information (such as a skeleton in the family) that you would prefer to have sent to you by email rather than posted publically.

We look forward to hearing more about your Clare family.

Clare Past Moderator