Peter Howard

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

andersoncathy10

Peter Howard

Post by andersoncathy10 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:16 am

:wink: :idea: :idea: I am trying to find a Peter Howard who was Married to Honora McInerney in about 1832. They had 6? children, and were do I start in getting past Australian soil and onto Irish soil where this family came from???????
Patrick
Margaret
Mary
Michael
Thomas
Bridget
I have a birth certificate for one of Patricks children Thomas, and it states that Patrick was from Kilmoon.
For Margaret I have her daughter Bridget's birth certificate and hers stated Longhara?????
Bridget's daughter Mary Ellen's just states that Bridget was from Co Clare
Mary Quinn's sons certificate also just states she was from Co Clare

I have found the Tithe Applotment 1826 has a Peter and Thomas Howard. I don't even know if this is the Peter I am looking for.
How do I go about getting solid proof in the way of records.
Any lead in locating the location of this family would be welcomed
Thanks Cathy :idea:
Attachments
Quinn Birth.pdf
(142.61 KiB) Downloaded 436 times
Caher Birth.pdf
(168.16 KiB) Downloaded 431 times
Flaherty Birth.pdf
(207.48 KiB) Downloaded 436 times
Howard Birth.pdf
(172.99 KiB) Downloaded 443 times

miriam scahill

Re: Peter Howard

Post by miriam scahill » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:43 pm

Hi Cathy - I see there is a Civil Parish of KILMOON in North West Clare - go to http://www.clarelibrary.ie - Genealogy - Research Support - and select 'CIVIL PARISH INDEX - Parish No. 6 is Kilmoon - and the name HOWARD is on various documents - Tithes of 1825 = Griffith Valuations of 1855 and Census of 1901. I also see on the 'Church Records' on the Clare Library page that the Parish is now R.C. Parish of Kileany, Killymoon and Killeagh - is in Diocese of Kilfenora - and Baptism records started in 1854 and Marriage records in 1860 - I am sure these records are on micro film - and there is a ref. no. - maybe your local family history store could help you. The Parish Priest is in Lisdoonvarna, Co. Clare. That might be a start. Miriam.

andersoncathy10

Re: Peter Howard

Post by andersoncathy10 » Sat May 04, 2013 3:14 pm

Thanks for that Miriam
I have found the Howards in the 1901 Census, They all have names that I'm looking for but their ages do not come within reach of the ones I'm looking for. But they most are likely related. I thought if I could find the deaths of Honora Howard (nee McInerney) or Peter Howard I may get an idea were the family came from.
Back in the 1800's some scholars here in Australia may have been able to write but their spelling is shocking which has made the hunt very hard. I still havent found anything in the shipping records of my howards arrival here in Australia. However I did find
Patrick Hallinan and Mary Hallinan (nee Cusack) were married in Ireland before coming to Australia as their passanger records are clear.
They came in through Tasmania on the Panama and arrived on 27th April 1853, they left from Liverpool.
Cathy :wink: