Corry in Kilrush, Co. Clare

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

Sue Corry

Corry in Kilrush, Co. Clare

Post by Sue Corry » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:59 pm

Hi Everybody
I am looking for information on Thomas Corry born 1854 in Kilrush. He left Ireland before 1881 and went to Wigan, Lancashire, England. I think his fathers name was Patrick. Thomas is my Great-grandfather and he married Bridget Connor also from Kilrush. His daughter Mary Ann Born 1881 in Wigan married Thomas Cullinan born 1883 from Kilrush. My grandfather was Stephen born 1894 in Wigan, Lancashire.
If anybody has any knowledge of any of the above I would love to here from you.

Paddy Casey

Re: Corry in Kilrush, Co. Clare

Post by Paddy Casey » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:34 pm

Sue,

Have you gone through the Corrys of Kilrush on the Clare County Library website at http://www.clarelibrary.ie and noted, among other Corry items, the James Corry x2 evicted in the Kilrush evictions in 1849 and the present-day Corrys living in Kilrush and environs (who may have their family histories documented) ?

Paddy

Sue Corry

Post by Sue Corry » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:05 pm

Hi Thanks Paddy, Yes I have gone through the library. Sue

Paddy Casey

Post by Paddy Casey » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:18 pm

You're welcome, Sue.

You might glean some information from the present-day Corrys in Kilrush (see http://www.eircomphonebook.ie/search/clare/corry.html for their phone numbers).

Paddy

KMLubahn6609

Post by KMLubahn6609 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:38 am

I am researching the corrys from Clounlaheen area. Although I dont have this person in my tree doesn't mean he doesn't belong in it. I can share info if you think he's from this area.

miriam scahill

Post by miriam scahill » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:27 pm

Hello Sue - At a guess I would say that your Corry family came from Killimer Parish - which is only out/down the road from Kilrush. I see two Patrick Corrys on Griffith Vals. of 1855 - go to www.clarelibrary.ie - Genealogy - select Griffith Vals. of 1855. Some more of the name in adjoining parishes. On the Genealogy page under 'Research Support' you will find 'Civil Parish Index' - and there is a lot of info under Killimer. Another spelling of the name is Curry or Corrie, etc.