Thomas Ryan

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

Fran

Thomas Ryan

Post by Fran » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:37 pm

I am still struggling with finding any information on my Thomas Ryan b.1835 Bunratty or even his marriage to Mary Ann Connors about 1856 Limerick nor Thomas Ryan's parents Thomas and Nora Ryan (nee Hickey). I have recently been told that If they said they came from the Bunratty area they would not have been more than 5 miles from Bunratty itself- they would not have been talking about the Barony. Any comments or help much welcomed as I have run out of leads.

Thanks,

Fran (Australia)

MOD

Re: Thomas Ryan

Post by MOD » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:00 pm

http://www.clarelibrary.ie/eolas/coclar ... rishes.htm

It may be that there are no Church Records for this period. I notice from the above on the Clare Library website, that it does not indicate when records started in Bunratty - an idea might be to contact the Parish directly.

Sorry not much help. :cry:

Fran

Re: Thomas Ryan

Post by Fran » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:20 pm

:( Thanks for your reply. I have checked the Newmarket-Fergus parishes no luck, they have suggested that I contact the parish Sixmilebridge and Cratloe to see if they can help me in my quest but they have not replied. So looks like I will have to wait to I get over there and do the foot work my self. If I just had a lead before this happens it would make me smile. I have just obtained another birth certificate of the eldest child which was born at sea which states parents came from County Limerick?

Fran :(