Charlotte Doherty of Moohane

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

Strebordale

Charlotte Doherty of Moohane

Post by Strebordale » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:05 pm

I am trying to find out whether there is anyway I can look up Registers of Births in around 1850/1851 or any other records which might help me with information about her.
According to the 1911 UK Census my great grandmother Charlotte Doherty was a resident of Moohane, County Clare, and was 60 years old in 1911. Her death certificate in 1928 says she was 74 so there's a bit of doubt about age.
I know from her marriage certificate in 1879 her father was Patrick, shown as a farmer.
I notice from one of the registers donated to your site that there was a Deloughery at Moohane so it appears I have read the transcript correctly and Moohane exists or did in the 19th century.
Any advice anyone can give to point me in the right direction as to where I might look, would be much appreciated. It appears Charlotte would have left ireland for Liverpool sometime in the mid - late 1870s.
Regards,
:?:
Dave Roberts

Paddy Casey

Re: Charlotte Doherty of Moohane

Post by Paddy Casey » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:50 pm

Dave,

Did you see the entry for Doherty M. Mrs. Moohane, Newmarket-on-Fergus, 03 June 1939, Obit at http://www.clarelibrary.ie/eolas/coclar ... piond2.htm ?

That might take you somewhere if you can get a copy of the obit because the latter often contains mention of relatives and those relatives might have kept old letters etc.

Registers of Births started in 1864. For births prior to that you would need to trawl the baptism records of the parish.

Paddy