Howard Family

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

indyhowardfam3

Howard Family

Post by indyhowardfam3 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:19 pm

I was wondering if anyone could help locating a family. I am researching a family line and it stops at Joseph Howard (birth between 1823-1833) in County Clare Ireland. No known family members. His wife (birth 1830) is Johannah Howard (maiden-Short) also born in County Clare. No known family members. They did settle in Minnesota and had children. I found County Clare in a census and was hoping that this could shed some light on their past. They settled in Chatfield, Minnesota, USA and both are buried there.
I believe that Joseph could have had 2 brothers, Edward and Michael.
Thank you,
Kim Howard
k.howard@monkeyjoes.com

Kevin J. O'Brien

Re: Howard Family

Post by Kevin J. O'Brien » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:51 pm

Kim,

There are a large number of Howard families that lived in the Miltown Malbay Parish (Kilfarboy) in the West of County Clare. The parish registers start in 1832. I did a quick look to see if I could find any Joseph, Edward or Michael Howards in the early baptism records. There are a number of Michael Howards but I could not find any Joseph of Edward.

The neighboring parish of Mullagh (Kilmurry-Ibrickane) has a fewer number of Howard families and those records start at 1839. I did not find a Joseph or Edward Howard.

I do know that one of the Howard families immigrated to Buffalo, NY.

Good Luck and keep searching!!

Slan,
Kevin J. O'Brien