Ryan & Connor

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

Fran

Ryan & Connor

Post by Fran » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:00 am

Hello,
My research has uncovered :lol: new information on the following; information on the family of Michael Ryan and nee Nora Hickey.
They resided in what is today known as ecclesiastical Parish of Sixmilebridge, which at one time comprised the old Civil Parishes of Kilmurry, Kilfinaghat and Fennagh Co. Clare. They were recorded as having the following children; Thomas 1830, Daniel, 1833, Maria 1836, Margaret 1837 and Michael 1839.
Does this information ring a bell with anyone?

Cheers,

Fran

Dawnie

Re: Ryan & Connor

Post by Dawnie » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:42 pm

Hi Fran, I have a Margaret Ryan b abt 1797 who married Michael Mean(e)y in this area of Co Clare. Their children were baptised in the Roman Catholic Church at Cratloe. Do you go further back with your Ryan's? They all migrated to South Australia in the 1850's!

Cheers
Dawnie

Fran

Re: Ryan & Connor

Post by Fran » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:37 am

Dawnie,
No this is as far as I have been able to get it has taken me years as the name Ryan is very common in Co. Clare!
I have not dates for BDM except (but do have a few baptismal dates for some of his sibs) for Thomas who is my line, he arrived in October 1856 on the General Hewett, with his new wife Mary Anne nee Connor(s) they had one child BOB a Bridget who I think must of died after arrival as no records of her death can be found. These Ryan's lived in Leopold Geelong where they eventually obtained land and farmed wheat.
All the records here in Australia mention several places in Clare, only this year have I been able to pin down the area of Sixmilebridge area somewhere help! :D

Cheers,

Fran

P.S The name Margaret or Maraide is very strong throughout our family.