Manning, Kenny, White, Enright, Ryan, Mean(e)y, S'milebrdge

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

Dawnie

Manning, Kenny, White, Enright, Ryan, Mean(e)y, S'milebrdge

Post by Dawnie » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:20 pm

Hoping to connect with other families and further my knowledge of my family from Co Clare. Here is what I have:

Donal Kenny from Sixmilebridge had a son Daniel b abt 1760, he married Mary Enright abt 1780+-. They had four son's and two daughter's (other children ???). Eldest son John Daniel b abt 1780 married Mary White, eldest daughter of Stephen White (other children ???). They had five daughters and three son's. All of John Daniel and Mary's children migrated to South Australia. Eldest child Margaret Kenny b abt 1804 baptised Cratloe RC, married Patrick Manning b abt 1800??? from Fortwilliam, Sixmilebridge. I believe his father to be Edmond Manning??? Margaret and Patrick Manning had five son's and three daughter's, their children were all baptised in Cratloe. They all migrated to South Australia in the 1850's, though three of their son's left Clare in 1848 and went to I believe Massachusetts to work in some of the leading factories of that time for six years. They then departed the USA for South Australia.

Michael Mean(e)y b abt 1794 married Margaret Ryan b abt 1797. They had two daughter's and three son's. They were all baptised in Cratloe. They all migrated to South Australia in the 1850's. I know nothing of Michael and Margaret's parents or any siblings. South Australian records in the 1800's were very limited with details!

Cheers
Dawnie

mgallery

Re: Manning, Kenny, White, Enright, Ryan, Mean(e)y, S'milebr

Post by mgallery » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:40 pm

I have been looking at Kenny families in the area. There are at least three families. I know your people are not the family I am looking at as I know Margaret Kenny married Laurence Quinlivan of Rathloobain. Maybe they are one of these late 1700s There were Kennys in NewMarket who emigrated to Australia in the mid 1800s. I think they were probably protestant Laurence Kenny who was a land agent for the Inchiquins had a son Michael William a surgeon and a daughter Mary who married a Healy and a son Lucius

There were also other Kennys on the Inchiquin estate small farmers. They are in the Inchiquin papers