Corry from Clounlaheen

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

miriam scahill

Re: Corry from Clounlaheen

Post by miriam scahill » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:35 pm

Today I met a friend who comes from Clounlaheen, Mullagh, Ennis, Co. Clare - she told me that the Corry family are still there. You also had a post re Egans of Cahermurphy, Kilmihil. If you go to www.Kilmihil.com you will see details of a new booklet - ' Kilmihil Revisited ' - I think it costs 10 euro. It seems to have a feature re Bridget Egan - - so you should get in touch with the committee and order a copy, Clounlaheen is in the Parish of Kilmurray/Ibricken - - and Cahermurphy is in Kilmihil Parish.

KMLubahn6609

Re: Corry from Clounlaheen

Post by KMLubahn6609 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:56 am

miriam scahill wrote:Today I met a friend who comes from Clounlaheen, Mullagh, Ennis, Co. Clare - she told me that the Corry family are still there. You also had a post re Egans of Cahermurphy, Kilmihil. If you go to http://www.Kilmihil.com you will see details of a new booklet - ' Kilmihil Revisited ' - I think it costs 10 euro. It seems to have a feature re Bridget Egan - - so you should get in touch with the committee and order a copy, Clounlaheen is in the Parish of Kilmurray/Ibricken - - and Cahermurphy is in Kilmihil Parish.
I just got back from Ireland a couple of weeks ago and I was fortunate to visit with them. One still lives on the old homestead. I was able to collaborate with her and basically what info I have listed is what I got from her. I didn't have a lot to start with. I have searched other websites for info and basically got to the point where I just need contact with the actual records. I went to the Clare Library in Ennis and was able to find one record during my time there, it was really hard to decifer much. Unfortunately I didn't have time to go to the Coore church to see if they had any records. I may have to sweet talk someone to go to the Coore church if I can't get much more info on here.

I actually went to the Kilmihil city festival and antique farm equipment show. There was a craft fair with that actual book for sale, but since I didn't have the connection to the Egans with my tree, I didn't buy it. I'm still kicking myself. I will try to get a copy at some point.