Patrick O'Brien & Brigid O'B (nee Sexton) to Aust. 1857

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

JOHNSCOTT69

Patrick O'Brien & Brigid O'B (nee Sexton) to Aust. 1857

Post by JOHNSCOTT69 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:31 pm

Looking for info. on Patrick born circa 1796 co.Clare and Brigid O'Brien (nee Sexton) b. circa 1806 co. Clare and 3 of their children Daniel Millison, Ann and Mary - who did not come to Australia with their parents. Patrick and Brigid, I think, were married in Scarriff approx. 1830.

Patrick, Brigid,Sarah, Michael and John Boromond sailed with them on the Negotiatior ex Liverpool on 3rd March, 1857 arriving in Melbourne, Australia on 3rd June, 1857.

Patrick and Brigid are my great, great grandparents and Michael my great grandfather. Michael married Eliza (Elizabeth) O'Grady on 27th December, 1868 in Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia. Eliza's parents were Henry O'Grady, gardener, of Limerick and his wife Mary (nee Reddens) of Limerick.

Anyone who think they may have information on any of these families - please, please contact me. I shall be in Ireland in September doing some research.

Kevin J. O'Brien

Re: Patrick O'Brien & Brigid O'B (nee Sexton) to Aust. 1857

Post by Kevin J. O'Brien » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:49 pm

John,

What is your source that the O'Brien and Sexton marriage is from Scarriff?

Can you locate the family in the Griffith Valuation?

I have a few O'Brien and Sexton families in my records from the Kilmurry-Ibrickane Parish.

This is a difficult time period to differentiate between O'Brien families as they all had a Patrick and a Bridget.

Good Luck on your research.

Slán
Kevin J. O'Brien

JOHNSCOTT69

Re: Patrick O'Brien & Brigid O'B (nee Sexton) to Aust. 1857

Post by JOHNSCOTT69 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:54 am

Thanks Kevin, the source was my niece who had done some research many, many years ago. I am currently in Ennis awaiting access to parish records microfilm (unfortunately I have to wait until tomorrow) so you have given me a good starting point.