Irish DNA atlas

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

M. McNamara

Irish DNA atlas

Post by M. McNamara » Fri May 25, 2012 5:42 pm

The following came to me via Peter Wise of the Shannon Archaeological & Historical Society . I realise there is probably a substantial overlap between the members of the Society and this forum. However, I think it is worth repeating.

The letter below from the The Genealogical Society of Ireland & the attached newsletter explains it all.

The Genealogical Society of Ireland and the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland are conducting an all-Ireland research project into the genetic profile of the people of the island of Ireland. The name of the project is ‘Irish DNA Atlas’. I am attaching the project newsletter which explains in detail all aspects of the project.
So far we have had a good response but we are looking for more participants. If you would like to participate and think you might meet with the criteria, mail me at Irish.DNA@familyhistory.ie there is a link on our website http://www.familyhistory.ie.
The criteria are:
• All eight great grandparents should have been born in Ireland
• They should have been born in a ‘group’ in the same area e.g. within 30 Kilometres of each other. There is flexibility with the size of a group.
• Be able to send me a copy of completed pedigree chart before the issue a DNA sample pack.

Regards
Seamus O’Reilly FGSI
Director of Archival Services
The Genealogical Society of Ireland
Attachments
IRISH DNA ATLAS NEWSLETTER (October 2011 - ISSN 2009-4345).pdf
(178.11 KiB) Downloaded 516 times