Indentured Servant Document 1858 Patrick J. Tierney

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

dcteire

Indentured Servant Document 1858 Patrick J. Tierney

Post by dcteire » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:22 pm

My name is Dave Tierney from St. Louis, USA. My great-great grandfather Patrick J. Tierney,
signed an indentured servant agreement in 1858 to learn the stone mason trade. The agreement was for 5 years and was signed in Lickeen, Cty Clare.

Does anyone know where historical records of this type would be located?
The stone masons? I am doing my geneology and am interested in what other information I might uncover: who the agreement was made with, other family members, etc, etc. I have a copy of the document, unfortunately I have been informed the original was recently destroyed.

I would appreciate any imput from those more knowlegeable than I.

Thank you,

Dave

Clare Past Mod

Re: Indentured Servant Document 1858 Patrick J. Tierney

Post by Clare Past Mod » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:42 pm

Dave,

Thank you for this interesting posting.

You might like to add a scan of that document to your posting. It will surely interest the readers here.

Clare Past Mod

miriam scahill

Post by miriam scahill » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:13 pm

Hello Dave - to see info on Lickeen - log on to www.clarelibrary.ie - Genealogy page - and at bottom right there is 'Research Support' - select Civil Parish Index and then Kilfenora. on Census of 1901 you will find Tierney Family at Lickeen. I looked at Kilfenora Town on the Census and I saw 'O Brien' (I think!!) Stonemason. So that could be the link. You will find lots of details of the parish also. I recall that 'Gus Tierney' was with the famous Kilfenora Ceili Band. He died a few years ago. R.I.P. He had a brother, Paddy, living in Dublin - alas also R.I.P. Miriam.

dcteire

Post by dcteire » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:38 pm

I thank you very, very much.

Dave