john carr and mary edwards

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

lynie

john carr and mary edwards

Post by lynie » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:50 am

hi evryone im lyn from australia ...i was wondering if i can get some help with john carr married mary edwards in clare ireland. i have no dates on these two at all ????they had a son william carr born abt 1801 miltown county clare ireland who came and lived in australia , but dont no if he came solo or with his parents........im after any info on john carr and mary edwards , or if someone can point me in the right directions on these forums or help me with the research id be grateful ...cheers lyn

Paddy Casey

Re: john carr and mary edwards

Post by Paddy Casey » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:59 pm

lyn if that is all the information you have then your best place to start is the clare library website at http://www.clarelibrary.ie it contains masses of information.....for example if you enter carr into the search facility you will find a william carr mentioned in the 1855 griffiths valuation of miltown malbay

for the 1901 census and the griffiths valuation of 1855 and the tithe applotments of 1823-39 the library site has surname indexes so you can look through those for your carrs....also remember that their name may have been spelled differently for example caher so look for spelling variants in those surname indexes....there are no carrs or cahers in the tithe applotments of the parish of kilfarboy where miltown malbay is situated but they may have been living elsewhere at the time of the tithe applotments.....there are no carrs or cahers in the 1901 census in the Miltown Malbay area the only carrs who were in clare at that time were northeast in the parish of kilkeedy....however by trawling the library website it is well possible that you will turn up clues.

paddy

lynie

Re: john carr and mary edwards

Post by lynie » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:46 pm

hi paddy
thankyou for pointing me in the right direction on this site , im a novice at this and your information was helpful , all the best cheers lyn