McNamera, O'Halloran, Connelly, Maloney, Culloo, McDermott

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

Julie1966

McNamera, O'Halloran, Connelly, Maloney, Culloo, McDermott

Post by Julie1966 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:40 pm

Hello,
This post is regarding information about people who left Ireland around 1850 and could neither read nor write. I wanted to update my request for information on the McDermott's and Collue's (Cullough, Culloo, Cullow etc...) with some of the names we see along with our McDermott's and Collue's from Ireland to Derby to Illinois. In Derby, Derbyshire, UK and LaSalle, Illinois, US these families appear as sponsor's on baptism records for each other, as neighbors and intermarrying with them. Those last names are: McNamera, O'Halloran, Connelly (or Conley) and Maloney. In addition, any information about Patrick Culloo and Mary Ryan and their children from Tulla (the children would have been born circa 1820 - 1850) would be greatly appreciated. If someone from any of these families knows of the McDermotts or Collue's or their story in the attached document is similar to someone from one of these families, please contact me! We believe our Culloo and McDermott ancestors may have been from the Tulla, Feakle or Scariff areas.
Attachments
Collue history in America.docx
(15.3 KiB) Downloaded 454 times