Crowley's of Carrancreagh, Kilmaley.

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

DoireM

Crowley's of Carrancreagh, Kilmaley.

Post by DoireM » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:50 pm

My grandfather, Patrick Crowley was one of seven children born to Peter Crowley of Carrancreagh and Bridget Haren of Tullaghaboy. Martin, James and Michael left for Chicago, Mary Ellen married Patrick McGuane of Cloonaheen, Mullagh. Hannah died very young and John lived in the home at Carrancreagh. My grandfather moved to the North of Ireland.

I had the Corofin Centre research a generation back from what information I had found. This produced at least 11 children born to Martin Crowley and Mary Donnellan (from Kilmurry Ibrickan Parish) married 1844 and living in Carrancreagh. I found Martin, Michael, Mary, Catherine, and Delia had emigrated to Chicago. James (born 1846) was possibly living in Carncreagh from 1901 Census and married Bridget Griffin. Peter, my great grandfather (see above) living in the family home. There is a Patrick, born 1845, Terence, born 1848, Jeremiah, born 1850 of which are mystery to me.

I would appreciate any Crowley's out there with 'roots' in Carrancreagh, please get in touch!

Thank you.