Patrick Byrne Ballyvaughan County Clare

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

kiwiguide

Patrick Byrne Ballyvaughan County Clare

Post by kiwiguide » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:01 am

I am try to find any information relating to my Great Great grandfather Patrick Byrne who was born in Ballyvaughan County Clare about 1817. His parents were Edward Byrne and Winifred nee Delany. Patrick emigrated to Manchester England where he was enlisted with the 65th Yorkshire Regiment and was involved with quelling the Chartist Riots in Manchester. His enlistment date was 14 March 1840. In Manchester he married Catharine Hieysoph 1843. From there his regiment was sent to New Zealand in 1846 to fight in the Maori land wars. hew was discharged in New Zealand 1853 and then settled on the land as he was given 50 acres of land for his service.

I would appreciate any help or information regarding the Byrne families living in Ballyvaughan around 1800-1860

Sincerely
Reg Dilloway
Wanganui
New Zealand

Paddy Casey

Re: Patrick Byrne Ballyvaughan County Clare

Post by Paddy Casey » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:00 am

Hi Reg,

Check out the Griffith's Valuation (ca. 1855) indexes on the Clare County Library site (of which this forum is a part). The list at http://www.clarelibrary.ie/eolas/coclar ... fithb4.htm contains at least 2 Byrnes from that part of the world.

There is lots more Byrne data on that site for you to trawl.

Paddy