Looking for Ann King married to John Griffin

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

Erin

Looking for Ann King married to John Griffin

Post by Erin » Tue May 03, 2011 4:03 pm

Looking for any information on the Parents of John Griffin born in Clare around 1864. Father John Griffin and Mother Ann King. John Jnr a Diver was married in Belfast in 1886 listed as a widower at aged 29 years and his Father also a Diver is listed as deceased but I can find no Death record for John Senior..Mothers maiden name is recorded on Marriage Certificate but no details of a previous Marriage of death of a spouse for the son John Jnr.

Any help appreciated,

Erin

dundeemayer

Re: Looking for Ann King married to John Griffin

Post by dundeemayer » Thu May 05, 2011 12:17 am

John Griffin and Anne King were married in Kilmaley Parish, on June 24, 1840. The 1855 griffith's valuation has John Griffey (Griffin and Griffey were regularily interchanged) listed as renting a large farm of over 162 acres in Knockatunna, Kilmaley, from Marcus Keane. There are two houses on the property. It appears that John resided in one house and he rented the second home to James Griffey.

Moving forward to the 1901 census, John Griffin is still alive at 84 years of age and is still living in Knockatunna, with two of his sons, Michael and Patrick. Also living in the home are his grandchildren Thomas Kinnane age 11 and Jenny Kinnane age 18.

By the time of the 1911 census. John Griffin had died.

Going back to the 1826 Tithe Applotments for Knockatunna, there were two Griffey's listed. Michael and J's (presumably James). It is logical that one of these could be a father two John above.

If you have any additional information, I might be able to find some more on this family.

John Mayer
Dundeemayer@comcast.net

Erin

Re: Looking for Ann King married to John Griffin

Post by Erin » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:55 pm

John I have sent you an email apologies it is so late.

Erin