Fr. Michael Quilivan, Kilkee PP, E. Clare-b.orn, 1894 obit

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

smcarberry

Fr. Michael Quilivan, Kilkee PP, E. Clare-b.orn, 1894 obit

Post by smcarberry » Sun May 25, 2008 12:37 pm

In the Freeman's Journal of 27 Dec 1894 there is an obituary for Rev. Michael Quinlivan, parish priest of Kilkee, for which
I have the print-out and will attempt to upload it here. If it does not appear, any relative can contact me for it.

The important events described are that he was ordained in 1837 and was a native of Ballyroughan in Newmarket-Fergus.

posted by Sharon Carberry (USA)

moc66

Re: Fr. Michael Quilivan, Kilkee PP, E. Clare-b.orn, 1894 obit

Post by moc66 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:27 am

Hi Sharon,
I have just come across the obituary notice of Fr. Michael Quinlivan PP, Kilkee while I was searching for other items in the British newspapers. The image is somewhat blurred but a lot of the names can be made out. He was very active in the Kilkee Parish and other areas as seen by the send off he got. Last Friday evening 20th June in The Kilkee Bay Hotel Kilkee a book was launched on the history of the parish church, "A history of Kilkee church – "Sin rampant but grace triumphant" " by Paddy Nolan local historian. A little more information can be gleaned by accessing this site http://www.kilkee.ie/ParishNewsletter.html . The publication is available from the Kilkee parish office @ €25.00 and all the money is going to church repairs. I do not know at this stage if it will be available for purchase on the internet. At the launch also were Ciarán Ó Murchadha who has also brought out a new publication "The diocese of Killaloe - An illustrative history, " Paddy Waldron genealogist and many other local historians, parishioners and visitors.
Michael
Attachments
Freemans' Journal Sat December 29th 1894.doc
(154.5 KiB) Downloaded 527 times

smcarberry

Post by smcarberry » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:37 am

Michael,

I am pleased to be able to reply promptly this time, but that is only because I am at the computer to see the alert that
your reply was been posted to my message. Thanks for the info on new publications. Since my folks were all East Clare,
I will try tracking down Ciaran's book. He is the kind gentleman who made sure that I received the Dec 1849 news article
on the Clashduff evictions, which showed clearly my Donnellans minus the father already deceased. Absolutely essential
for my piecing together the story, in view of the elder daughter's marriage the next month.

Now we have this great forum and even more sources for news articles. If only I could improve my typing or get the knack
of uploading (I keep getting the error message that the article image is too big).

Sharon C.

Michele Quinlivan

Post by Michele Quinlivan » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:38 pm

Hi Sharon
I am a relative of the late Fr. Michael Quinlivan P.P. Kilkee. If you are interested in getting in touch to discuss family history I can organise that you get my email address,
Yours sincerely, Michele Quinlivan